Coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm quite happy with the Coolsat 5000 for SD use. I thought it was reasonable $30 with shipping :)

That sounds like a fair price for one. I was lucky to find one for a little more than half that but with shipping it was around $30. I can't remember where I got the factory firmware from, I thought it was the Coolsat website or perhaps from a member here. It is a very nice receiver, works well in all regards as far as I can see. I currently use it in my garage/workshop for music and to take out to the dish farm for tuning etc.

What was the scanning issue this firmware fixes? I don't have a coolsat but always read about them being great blind-scanning boxes.

If I remember right, the frequency settings for DBS weren't right
Like KU says 12.200-12.700 the DBS was off and had to manually be set

edit: just checked on mine and the blind scan parameters for DBS say 12.200-12.200 instead of 12.200-12.750 (I still have .03 in one of the receivers)
So thats what was fixed

Interesting. It great that someone, somewhere is working on at least ONE receiver's bugs. Seems like these co's just sell these things, issue maybe one firmware update/bugfix and then disappear forever.

OK, a really REALLY newbie(ish) question, and I think this is directed toward Iceberg.

I have the ver AC3 running now, if I want to change that to the newest .04 version, do I save my channel list in ChannelMaster then load the .04 then reload the channels or do I need to start over with scanning all the sats I have in my CS5000?

I hate to ask this this way, but how do I save my channels if that's the right way to go?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Photto

I would load the list into channelmaster first and save it as a file
then load the new software
then reload the channels back into the receiver via the CM file

Thats what I do when I update software on the CS5000...just did it that way to get 0.04 software on it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)