coolsat 5000????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi guys, i have a chance to buy a coolsat 5000 online at a good price,i want it for the blind scan because my receiver does not have blind scan.I want true fta,not a receiver that has been keyed.If i buy this used receiver,could i be buying a head ache if it has been hacked,with all the down time behind one that has?

You can do factory reset and install a new factory fimware w/out any problem. You will need to have an older computer with a COM port connector and a RS232 straight cable to do this. Other than that an excellent box for blindscanning purposes

The software on the CS5000 (or 4000 or 6000...they're all pretty much the same guts) is easy to change and wipe clean. I have purchased 1/2 dozen 5000's from Ebay and all have had hackware in it. Reload the factory and good as new.

Its a great receiver...but $50 shipped would probably be the highest I'd pay for one (me personally)

ICU,

I agree with Ice regarding the price (<$50 including S/H is appropriate).

Also, there is a source for aftermarket firmware that is NOT hackware, but has some advanced features over the original factory firmware. I don't have the link or address for that handy right now, but if you need it, we can get it for you.

Great little DVBS receiver!

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts