DMX741 LNB Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Very odd issue with my DMX741. When I am on a horizontal channel and a change to a channel on a vertical transponder it takes about 9 seconds for the signal to come in and the channel to display. Switching from Vertical to Horizontal is immediate. This happens on any satellite. I have great signal quality when it does finally switch so signal is not an issue. I'll have sig quality of 75 to 85%. This unit worked fine until about 2 weeks ago and it gets worse and worse. ONLY switching from H to V no issue going from V to H. Same thing happens on my Openbox receiver and my Sonicview 360 Premiere. I took the whole setup right out to the dish TV and all and same problem (eliminating wiring). The KU LNB works fine. No pause at all switching between H and V.

Called sadoun where I purchased from and got an RMA but man.. WEIRD issue. They want me to send the LNBF in first and they mail one back. Dont want to go a week without TV so I ordered a new one and will send old one back and keep that replacement as a spare.

I had a similar problem. But I'm kinda skeptical that this is your problem, as you have the same problem with different receivers. Check your V and H voltage to the LNBF. If the problematic polarity is the lower voltage, it may not be low enough to switch reliably. Should be less than 14, greater than 12. That is the problem I had. I think yours will be the LNBF itself isn't switching properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts