Coolsat 5K firmware 0.04

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It would be nice if they would offer updated FW for the CS4000's also!!!!

The factory FW available for this machine (the 4000) makes it almost unusable...

Bassist,

I don't see why FreeHostia couldn't accomplish this. The 4K, 5K and 6K are all so similar. It would be reasonable that the software/firmware would be fairly easily modified for one as the other.

RADAR

yeah it is odd that the 4000 isnt incorporated

I do know that the 5 & 6000 are pretty much identical. The 4000 might have a different setup. The menus are the same but the original software for the 4000 on blind scan went from 10700-12900 for all sats regardless of how the LNB was set up for.

That was changed in a software update later

The 4000 has a completely different firmware and uses a different tuner.
The 5000 and 6000 are almost identical with the 6000 having a little more RAM.

I agree with you guys about the 5000. Thought I'd mention that the CS7000 has great metering and is very responsive for peaking. On the down side, the tone is not too accurate and blind scan often hangs.

I might have to spring for a used beat-up 5000 or 6000. I don't mind if my stuff looks way less than pristine. I feel the sme way about cars, also.

That said, having a beep tone available is extra handy if you don't have one of the pro-sat finders.

It would have been better if it were present in all the setups, if you have a motorized dish then you will have to go back and forth to move and check for signal beep.

Yes, the new beep tone control is only present in the MANUAL scan menu and it only applies there.

I requested that it be implemented for the MOTOR setup and DISH setup menu, too. Maybe even the PID scan mode.

I think it is more important to have it available in the MANUAL scan and the MOTORIZED setting menus, however.

RADAR

It would have been better if it were present in all the setups, if you have a motorized dish then you will have to go back and forth to move and check for signal beep.

Cruzin,

I agree. I would like to have the tone available in more than just the manual scan menu. If it were at least available in both manual scan and motorized settings, I would go with that. That will get the job done and satisfy me. I don't like to request too much.

RADAR

Actually the 2 most important apps for the beep are for motor & manual scan. I know nothing about coding, but the new guys should be able to do what the pirates did for my 4000 and put the beep "on-off" in an options submenu & make it so it beeps in all the set-up modes.

Let's see what my fta wish list is up to: used CS5000 or 6000, azbox elite, vbox mover & BUD actuator, 2 more underground coax lines from my dish garden that's 150' away, 1.0 m KU reflector, dedicated computer for live streaming under my main TV, a pro sat meter...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)