Coolsat 6100 and Freq.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gonzo88

Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
i have my cs6100 set up with a motor and have birds 89w, 91, 93, 95, 97, 101, 103, 105, 113 & 116.8. did blind scans and have feeds from all them birds. my question is, when i compare Frequency and Symbol to what they have on Lyngsat they don't match! if somebody post a spacific Freq and Sym and i then manually input into the TP and do a scan, i get nothing. its currently on version 116 but dont know how good it is.

another issue i have is that my motor wont go pass 118w like 123w, 125w, from the remote unless i manually push the button on the motor?

any help or pointers would be great.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
The frequency mismatch problem points to a possible incorrectly set L.O. frequency for the LNBF in your receiver. Do you have a standard LNBF or a universal LNBF? The standards will have a L.O. of 10750, whereas the universals will have a dual L.O. of 9750/10600. If the LNBF settings on your receiver are incorrect, that would result in the transponders being found at a different frequency than where they are supposed to be.

The motor movement issue sounds like your software motor limits are set in the receiver. I'm not sure how to disable them since I don't have that brand of receiver, but someone will surely chime in :) ...

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
i have my cs6100 set up with a motor and have birds 89w, 91, 93, 95, 97, 101, 103, 105, 113 & 116.8. did blind scans and have feeds from all them birds. my question is, when i compare Frequency and Symbol to what they have on Lyngsat they don't match! if somebody post a spacific Freq and Sym and i then manually input into the TP and do a scan, i get nothing. its currently on version 116 but dont know how good it is.

another issue i have is that my motor wont go pass 118w like 123w, 125w, from the remote unless i manually push the button on the motor?

any help or pointers would be great.

Gonzo
Welcome to satellite guys.
For your dish issue, try going into your installation menu, select inststallation, and below dish setting, select positioner setting. Drop down to positioner, select the command you use, either diseqc 1.2 or USALS. Drop down to positioner command and scroll through until you come to disable [soft] limits. Selecting that should erase your limits and allow your motor to move. If not, might be some other issue.
For the scan issue, my CS6100 used to blow over channels on blindscan. someone gave me version 114 and it works OK now, but 116 should work better, not worse than 114 unless it's corrupted, so that might not be the issue, but I tried downloading 116 from another site and couldn't get it. I'm including 114, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to try your 116 in my rx, would be grateful if you would send it along for testing. Hope this helps out.
Sky

Attachments

• cs6100-114.zip
    932.4 KB · Views: 101

gonzo88

Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Tron, i dont know if i have the Universal or Standard LNB, the label reads;

Evolution FTA

RF:11.70/12.20GHz Gain:60dB
IF: 950/1450MHz NF: 0.6dB
LO: 10.75GHz

maybe somebody knows what this means and could give me the correct settings.

i removed the soft limits but with no luck. when i press the "Go To" i actually moves toward the lower Sat's!

i installed the v.116 about 6-8months ago before i had my motor. i cant find the file or remember were i got it from, but i did a "Transfer All System Data to USB" from the cs6100. maybe you can get it from there Skyscanner, let me know.

hopefully i can get this all taken care of so i can move on to my next problem with my CS8000HD :D.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
Gonzo, I never thought of it, but since you're new, you may not be allowed to post attachments, so how about it, anyone got the file [cs6100-v.116.zip] they would be willing to share and post?
Gonzo, it might be possible for your motor to seek your eastern sats if your western sats aren't enabled in the motorized menu. Just something else to check.
ss

Last edited:

gonzo88

Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
i installed v.114 and reset my receiver and motor. set the dish to 116.8 at freq. 10750 single and did a scan. at about 57% total scan it just stops! i can still see the search bar scrolling green back and forth but with no change only on the time. i did the same with 101w and same thing except it went up to 80% total scan!
i think am going to just point it to a sat and do a blind scan on the factory setting and see what happens. i'll come back with the results.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I dont know if this will help but for me when i first put up my 36" dish i had it set to low on my tripod mast so when i went to far east the dish would hit one of the tripod supports and stop.I raised the dish and problem went away.

gonzo88

Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
honestly Skyscanner i didn't even try posting it cause i wasn't sure if you wanted it. before i switched to v.114 i changed my Latitude from South to North and it actually worked. have not tried it yet.

let me know about the file.

Attachments

• SYS_100830.sys.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 84

gonzo88

Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
i went ahead and re-installed v.116 and re scanned all the birds. got channels on all of them except 83w, actually had a baseball game a few days ago could of been a wildfeed i guess. for some reason i have to use "Universal" on LNB setting:confused:. if i use single i get no channels or very, very few and still different Freq/TP's, pretty weird. like i mentioned before, to rotate to the higher Sat's all i had to do is change my Latitude from North to South and problem solved.

well i guess am just going to keep messing with and also trying to get 83w so i can watch Tuff/RTV:rolleyes: thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts