This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coolsat 6K remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I need help. I just acquired a new Coolsat 6000 with a remote that works the receiver just fine, but will not allow programming of TV,VCR, or DVD functions. I searched the old threads and couldn't find a problem quite like mine, so I suspect a bad remote. Also, the instructions for programming it look like they've lost something in the translation from their native Asian language, a little iffy to understand. I know the instructions assume you're supposed to be smarter than the remote, but I just can't get the thing to work. When it says "press device key in 2 seconds at the same time", it just doesn't do anything, although the led is supposed to blink. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? I emailed Coolsat service and the guy emailed back that he was sorry I was having trouble and that he didn't know why I was. Not exactly helpful! If someone could explain remotes for dummies, I would appreciate it.
Sky

Sev of the sponsors (Sadoun , SatelliteAv and prob others) have advertised a universal replacement remote that is supposed to work most of the current fta receivers, though I
don't have one to comment on personally. It's not expensive either.

1) power on your device you want to add ( dvd , vcr, tv)

2) press the button ( dvd , vcr , tv) first and hold and quickly press the ok button and hold the light above the button ( vcr, dvd, tv) will blink twice .

3) now enter the three digit code . that button (vcr, dvd, tv) will blink again.

There is a learning remote made by Philips SRU4105WM/17 that will work almost anything you got. I use it on a Coolsat 6000, Advent TV, Durabrand DVD, and an RCA digital converter box. It is cheap in price and is of good quality. I have been using mine for about six months now and like it well. Try looking one up on ebay, you will like it. It includes a long list of codes, but you might need your old working remotes to teach it new codes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.