Coolsat 6K remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I need help. I just acquired a new Coolsat 6000 with a remote that works the receiver just fine, but will not allow programming of TV,VCR, or DVD functions. I searched the old threads and couldn't find a problem quite like mine, so I suspect a bad remote. Also, the instructions for programming it look like they've lost something in the translation from their native Asian language, a little iffy to understand. I know the instructions assume you're supposed to be smarter than the remote, but I just can't get the thing to work. When it says "press device key in 2 seconds at the same time", it just doesn't do anything, although the led is supposed to blink. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? I emailed Coolsat service and the guy emailed back that he was sorry I was having trouble and that he didn't know why I was. Not exactly helpful! If someone could explain remotes for dummies, I would appreciate it.
Sky

Sev of the sponsors (Sadoun , SatelliteAv and prob others) have advertised a universal replacement remote that is supposed to work most of the current fta receivers, though I
don't have one to comment on personally. It's not expensive either.

1) power on your device you want to add ( dvd , vcr, tv)

2) press the button ( dvd , vcr , tv) first and hold and quickly press the ok button and hold the light above the button ( vcr, dvd, tv) will blink twice .

3) now enter the three digit code . that button (vcr, dvd, tv) will blink again.

There is a learning remote made by Philips SRU4105WM/17 that will work almost anything you got. I use it on a Coolsat 6000, Advent TV, Durabrand DVD, and an RCA digital converter box. It is cheap in price and is of good quality. I have been using mine for about six months now and like it well. Try looking one up on ebay, you will like it. It includes a long list of codes, but you might need your old working remotes to teach it new codes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)