Coolsat 8000 HD AC3 Audio ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skjellyfetti

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Arizona
I just acquired a Coolsat 8000 HD, and my question is does the optical cable have to connected to a Dolby 5.1 Surround system to get the use of the AC3 audio, or can I get AC3 audio with the RCA connectors connected to the TV and or the stereo system?

Question on the firmware, which is better, the factory or the other? say for adding and editing sats, channels and pids?

The only advantages that the hackerware has over factory 2025, is you can turn off the annoying tuning sound, and it supports Diseqc 1.1 switching. That's my story , and I'm sticking to it.
:)

Thanks for the info, I will use the volume knob and keep the tone sound down to a mild roar, but thanks again for the information.

Digital audio such as AC-3 may be carried over optical fiber (TOSLink) or a single coaxial cable using RCA connectors. The RCA connector in this case will be labeled "Digital" and will usually be color coded orange or black. The connector is the same type used for regular analog left and right audio (the white and red connectors).

Digital audio such as AC-3 may be carried over optical fiber (TOSLink) or a single coaxial cable using RCA connectors. The RCA connector in this case will be labeled "Digital" and will usually be color coded orange or black. The connector is the same type used for regular analog left and right audio (the white and red connectors).

I think in this case, the OP and responses were talking about the regular red/white analog audio RCA ports. The 8000/8100 doesn't have an SPDIF RCA port, only an optical. And AC3 audio will come out of the R/L analog audio ports.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)