Current receivers that can decode AAC audio

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Does anyone know if there is a currently available satellite receiver in the US that can decode AAC audio? I have an audio project I'd like to pursue. Wish I kept the old Traxxis. :)

As I type this I realize that I bought a USB receiver a while back that might work. It was one of the early USB models.

Hello TRG. I am kinda shocked you have not got a response as of yet. So i am helping out tonight the best i can. I believe your project is listening to MLB radio on 105.0W C Band. And from what i have read, this is all AAC audio.

So i can confirm tonight right now this receiver works:

Amiko MINI 4K UHD DVB-S2 S2X H.265 HEVC FTA Receiver

I just scanned in and am listening to Tigers vs Blu Jays, bottom of the sixth.

SES 11 105.0W C Band

TP 4132 V 5000

Apid 4235

Last edited:
OK. That makes sense, i also got a PM.

Now I am testing this receiver:

Amiko Mini HD265 HEVC DVB-S2 FTA Receiver​

I can not find the Tigers game (maybe it is over now), but i checked all channels on this TP and found a couple with live NHL hockey, and also found a religious channel.

Apid 4227 Religious?

Apid 4313 FM Radio?

So if all channels on this TP are ACC, then the Amiko MINI HD265 does indeed do ACC audio.

I reached out to Amiko about this, and they told me it did support AAC, so now i totally believe them.

:drunk

Thanks Casey and Michael I really appreciate it. I'm just baffled by the fact that they omit these details in the specs. I mean, that's what they are there for right?

Anyway, thanks again. :thumbup

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST