LOST CHANNELS AT EUTELSAT 113 AND 117W:

ispaguil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2022
Austin Texas
What happen with Eutelsat 113 and 117 West? The majority of channels has disappeared!!! I bought a Titanium filter to avoid the 5G interference, it worked great on my C Band system for about one months. However a lot of my favorites channels have gone from the spectrum. Does somebody know if those channels were moved to another bird? Thank you in advance.

What happen with Eutelsat 113 and 117 West? The majority of channels has disappeared!!! I bought a Titanium filter to avoid the 5G interference, it worked great on my C Band system for about one months. However a lot of my favorites channels have gone from the spectrum. Does somebody know if those channels were moved to another bird? Thank you in advance.
Well, a BIG chunk of transponders on those sats are UNDER 3.8Ghz. That means that the 5g filtered LNBF, is going to filter those OUT, since they only pass 3.8 - 4.2Ghz.

That's about 1/3 of the stations

Thank you Mike. So what would be the solution for that issue? have you any idea?
Put your original LNBF back on, and move your dish behind a building to shield it from 5g signals. Otherwise there is NO other solution, IF you actually have 5g signal ingress. Do you? Or did you just buy that lnbf for the possibility in the future?

If so, swap back, and wait to see IF you ever do have any 5g issues.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Hello. My Titanium 5G filter LNB is working fine.The problem is that almost all channels at Eutelsat 113 W go out and get back frequently. Sometimes those channels are out for a whole day and then come back for around 2 or 3 hours and the disappear again. This sucks a lot!!! Is there any solution for this issue or simply the satellite is going to be discontinued?

ispaguil please keep all posts about the same subject, in the same thread. Starting multiple threads will not get help faster. In fact it has been my experience it can have the opposite affect. People don't want to post twice, they are unsure which thread to post in, and it makes the poster appear to be possibly nefarious.

Otherwise, have fun and post away! :)

Reactions: Radioguy41
113W looks mostly fine where I'm at. But I think I'm having occassional issues on some transponders and suspect maybe 5G interference. I'll have to get out a spectrum analyzer to be sure and stop being lazy and get it done. I'm using non-filtered Titanium LNBFs.

IIRC there are a handful of FTA channels on 117 between 3700-3800MHz which I of course lost when 5G went live in my area. Its a moot point now that I'm using Titanium Satellite C238 although I don't recall any issues with losing channels above 3800MHz