Is Eutelsat 113 W gone?

ispaguil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2022
Austin Texas
Eutelsat 113 W?? I lost that bird and I don't see it in Lyngsat page either. Plus, the signal of Eutelsat 117 is pretty weak and bad because of 5G interference!! I installed a filter but the result was zero.

I don't believe it is dying just yet. There is still a lot of good stuff up there. This was a failure and they don't happen frequently. Our bigger worry is 5G interference. Channels are being consolidated on fewer satellites due to less bandwith being available since it was sold for 5G service. :(

Reactions: Bassplayer 1964
I don't believe it is dying just yet. There is still a lot of good stuff up there. This was a failure and they don't happen frequently. Our bigger worry is 5G interference. Channels are being consolidated on fewer satellites due to less bandwith being available since it was sold for 5G service. :(
Yes, absolutely. The 5G interference is our main enemy! I have spent a lot of money by buying filters that don’t work as expected. FCC has some complicit on that.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yes, absolutely. The 5G interference is our main enemy! I have spent a lot of money by buying filters that don’t work as expected. FCC has some complicit on that.

Sorry to hear you are having 5G interference issues. None here... yet... as we are rural. But the transistion is not complete and towers do pop up in unexpected places so we may not be out of the woods yet. Good luck with your issues.

Sorry to hear you are having 5G interference issues. None here... yet... as we are rural. But the transistion is not complete and towers do pop up in unexpected places so we may not be out of the woods yet. Good luck with your issues.
I see it. I wish you won’t have issues there in the future. Thank you so much and stay tuned!

Reactions: FTA4PA
Your location sounds a lot like mine. Cell coverage is spotty if at all here. They have been petitioning to get cell coverage but I have not joined the fight. I could use cellular as a backup here but I know as soon as the tower went up so would 5G. Our location is just below 2 of Va's highest mountains but even with down tilt I don't think service with be reliable here as we're surrounded by hills and mountains.

Your location sounds a lot like mine. Cell coverage is spotty if at all here. They have been petitioning to get cell coverage but I have not joined the fight. I could use cellular as a backup here but I know as soon as the tower went up so would 5G. Our location is just below 2 of Va's highest mountains but even with down tilt I don't think service with be reliable here as we're surrounded by hills and mountains.

We are down in a valley, so hills all around. There is a cell tower a mile or so from us but not in line with the satellite arc though so no problems... so far. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bassplayer 1964
We are down in a valley, so hills all around. There is a cell tower a mile or so from us but not in line with the satellite arc though so no problems... so far. :rolleyes:
Hope it stays clean for you! About 2 air miles for me on the closest cell tower,but there's nothing pointed toward here. I have one about 10 air miles away on a tall mountain but its signal drops off probably 3 miles from here, yep we're rural LOL

Attachments

• 113w.PNG
    113w.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 55