Signal on Eutelsat 113 W.

ispaguil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2022
Austin Texas
The problem with the 113 W continues. All channels disappear very often by going on and off. I am really frustrated after I have invested a lot of money on my C band system. Does anybody have an explanation of what is happening? My last investment was a Titanium 5 G filter that works very well when I have the signal of all transponders.

I am really frustrated after I have invested a lot of money on my C band system

I can feel for your frustration, but remember none of these satellites are up there for our viewing pleasure. There's no guarantee that signals will always be there, or that they'll always be in the clear. Best to think of this as a hobby, not a reliable source of television channels. Those days are LONG gone.

Reactions: JFOK
The problem with the 113 W continues. All channels disappear very often by going on and off. I am really frustrated after I have invested a lot of money on my C band system. Does anybody have an explanation of what is happening? My last investment was a Titanium 5 G filter that works very well when I have the signal of all transponders.
Well, your profile is locked, so I can't look up if you've made previous posts, to follow all you've done. We can't guess what's going on, without a LOT of information. It could be all sorts of things, from simple to much worse.

Well, your profile is locked, so I can't look up if you've made previous posts, to follow all you've done. We can't guess what's going on, without a LOT of information. It could be all sorts of things, from simple to much worse.

Previous threads OP has posted in regarding this. ;)

There are a number of things that can cause signal loss. An improperly tuned dish, a dish that is not aimed at the satellite accurately, sidelobe interference and even adverse weather conditions.

I've noticed a significant drop in signal quality on MeTV from time to time, and when I check the weather situation, it's usually showing nasty weather conditions.

As you can see in my profile picture, I have 8 dishes to contend with. Cable is another factor. Cable ends is another. It's that time of year when bees are looking for a nice cozy home, sometimes inside the throat of an LNBF.

If you don't have a cover, you may consider looking in there. I just finished up rewiring all 8 of my dishes due to water infiltration. Found out some furry little critters found it necessary to chew on them.

Many times, finding a solution is a matter of trial and error, especially if you don't have the proper equipment to test everything. What ever you do, do not use twist on F Connectors. I saw a fresh install of a C-Band system once where the installer used them on every connection.

It about drove the guy batty before he called us to come out and see what the other guy did wrong. Good luck.

Reactions: FTA4PA