Coolsat 8000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I have a chance to buy a Coolsat 8000 HD for about $80. Is this a good price?

Does it do DVB, DVB-S2, QPSK, and 8PSK?

Thanks in advance.

LoTech

I have a Coolsat 8100 that I paid $100 for. Awesome receiver. It has a built-in over-the-air digital tuner too... I'm pretty sure that the model 8000 has the over-the-air tuner too!

It lacks satellite blind scanning, but it does pull in DVB-S2 / 8PSK / etc..

If I recall correctly, it doesn't do 4:2:2 and there's no channel editor program. Also, the user interface takes some getting used to.

But for $80, if it comes with a remote - that's reasonable.

Hey guys, My friend has a Coolsat 8000. He brought it over to my house and the one thing i hated about it was you can't seperate the channel list by sat. I think only Alphabetical or numeric? I don't know what software was on it. So maybe that could the reason. Is it?
Thanks

latest firmware?

I did a little research in the dungeon, and -think- the following is true:

- last factory firmware:
Coolsat 8000 HD Default Software(01/28/2009) - CS8000-2025A.zip

- last hacker firmware:
CS8000_xxxx_yyyyy_12062F_20090601.zip - (summer of '09)

So, you should be able to get the firmware version from the receiver, and decide if it needs to be reflashed.

Hey guys, My friend has a Coolsat 8000. He brought it over to my house and the one thing i hated about it was you can't seperate the channel list by sat. I think only Alphabetical or numeric? I don't know what software was on it. So maybe that could the reason. Is it?
Thanks

Hit the FAV key, it gives you a sat selection, and then you get only those channels.
:)

Hit the FAV key, it gives you a sat selection, and then you get only those channels.
:)

Thanks, I wonder if my friend has figured that out yet:D
One more question.
We were trying to watch an S2 Mpeg4 HD feed on AMC 11 Cband and the picture was freezing and restarting every second. I don't want to mention exactly which feed here. But, maybe you can figure out which one i'm talking about and can report if you had similar issues. Or anybody else?;)

Last edited:
I have an 8100 that acted similarly when I used to try and watch FashionHD on 97 before it was encrypted. I don't recall the parameters as much as I recall the picture being unwatchable.

My 8100 has served me well. It likes the numbers I punch in from my Fortec Merc II just fine.

One more question.
We were trying to watch an S2 Mpeg4 HD feed on AMC 11 Cband and the picture was freezing and restarting every second. I don't want to mention exactly which feed here. But, maybe you can figure out which one i'm talking about and can report if you had similar issues. Or anybody else?;)

First make sure other channels are working fine, sometimes a unplug replug can help.

This does sound like a quality issue, for many S2 feeds the dish must be well aligned, even if the reading on the Coolsat is high the dish could still be off. For sold reception feed and dish alignment are very important, also quality lnb's will help hold the signal.

I have the same deal on amc 11, just one channel that plays Super Nanny or and over. other channels on the same tp are fine..

And also I've never seen the Hd act up on any other SAT/Channel yet.

The $80 fell through, so I decided to buy one off Ebay. It should be here in a few days. Before it gets here I have a couple questions that some of you guys might be able to answer.

1. Can I import my satellite lists from a Coolsat 5000 through Channel Master?
2. Can I get enough signal from a motorized Winegard DS2076 to pick up NBC-HD?

Thanks

The $80 fell through, so I decided to buy one off Ebay. It should be here in a few days. Before it gets here I have a couple questions that some of you guys might be able to answer.

1. Can I import my satellite lists from a Coolsat 5000 through Channel Master?
2. Can I get enough signal from a motorized Winegard DS2076 to pick up NBC-HD?

Thanks

I have used SetEditHomecast editor. I think the coolsat loader complaints about the file from SetEdit but it works!

There is a few receivers that use the STI7100 and their software should be compatible with the Coolsat 800x. This receiver is made in Europe under the Ferguson and Hivion brands.

Status
Please reply by conversation.