Coolsat 8000HD MPEG4?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this; Just wondering if the Coolsat 8000HD actually does MPEG4 on the satellite channels? All the documentation I've read says it's MPEG4 on ATSC only. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to watch Reuters Live service on 113W and it will display a picture for about 2 seconds and then flash to a black screen for a second and then back to picture for 2 seconds again. Is it finally time for a new receiver or is there something I'm missing in the receive menu that will make MPEG4 channels behave properly?

Hey Chris why don't you get a micro hd or nano they work better. I have both they work fine?

Dan rose

Any way you can check to see if they work with the Reuters Live service? The Coolsat must work with MPEG4 because I can watch the PBS channels on 125W (just checked) wondering if there's something up with the channel.

FWIW: I've got 14300 for the SR on the openboxS9. I also notice it seems quite a bit weaker than I remember. By quite a bit I mean a lot weaker. It breaks up a lot now where as before it was solid. Yeah it's only a 30 inch, but IIRR Q used to be near 70 and now its bouncing 0 to 25.

Thanks Guys, The channel is acting very strangely. After I posted they aired a feed and the signal was consistent throughout and then stopped blinking on and off even after they went back to the slate. Today after rebooting my receiver it's back to blinking on and off again. The channel does display properly on my AzBox Elite so the Coolsat clearly doesn't like something about the channel. Thanks again guys and it's starting to look like time to retire the Coolsat.

Coolsat 8000 does do MPEG4 last I recall (but thats been a few years since I had one)

edit: now that I think about it maybe not. I remember using it for PBS but it was MPEG2 at the time

Last edited:
It does mpeg4 just fine,was using mine tonite on the nascar feed,I switch to that during the commercials.Things it doesn't do,blind scan,AAC audio,4,2,2 or record.Like most of these boxes there are some channels that it just doesn't like.

It does mpeg4 just fine,was using mine tonite on the nascar feed,I switch to that during the commercials.Things it doesn't do,blind scan,AAC audio,4,2,2 or record.Like most of these boxes there are some channels that it just doesn't like.
please tell me about the nascar feed..

FWIW: I've got 14300 for the SR on the openboxS9. I also notice it seems quite a bit weaker than I remember. By quite a bit I mean a lot weaker. It breaks up a lot now where as before it was solid. Yeah it's only a 30 inch, but IIRR Q used to be near 70 and now its bouncing 0 to 25.

The quality has been terrible for me since they went to DVB-S2. (I seem to remember that the pre-S2 version had a friendlier FEC, too.) Frankly I'm surprised that you're even getting it on a 30" dish, I have to tweak the position on my 36" dish to get it at all. I wonder if we'll get any more power out of it when the bird gets replaced (hopefully) this fall?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)