Coolsat 8000Hd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can not get this thing to download anything,in the receiver it has the options in the serial ports for disable,caylpso,gladiator or sssp
protocol do you need to make a choice in this or not?

My serial port is set to "disable" but it loads just fine from a pc over a null modem cable.
:)

What loader are you using,i found version V3.01 which is supposed to be the newest one available but i can not get the receiver to load,and yes i am using a null cable from the PC.
The model number of this unit is h600c146,don't know if it is an older model or what!

Last edited:
If you are going from Hackerware to factory firmware, you first need to use the loader to load the attached Clear_HD file. This clears out the newer firmware. After the STB is clear you can load the factory firmware , all loading done with the CSupgrade 301 loader.

Attachments

• clear_sw_hd_.zip
    147 bytes · Views: 119
If you are going from Hackerware to factory firmware, you first need to use the loader to load the attached Clear_HD file. This clears out the newer firmware. After the STB is clear you can load the factory firmware , all loading done with the CSupgrade 301 loader.

Thanks Brent,but i have tried to load the clear file and i can not get it to load etiher!

The correct sequence is to start the load at your PC, then turn on the Coolsat at the back switch. Is that what you're doing ?

I have the files downloded to the desktop,all files,all have been unzipped,i open the loader com port is com 1,hit browse select the unzipped clear file make sure i have selected the sgn,and i have tried it both ways by turning the receiver on and while it is showing LD and circle motions i hit start and nothing shows in the progress window. I have tried it by hitting start on the loader and then turning on the receiver,nothing both seqences are turning it on from the back rocker switch.
I will try another null cable maybe this one is trash!

Ok i feel like i just won the lottery,funny what a good cable will do,i now have factory file 2.02.5a showing in the S/W version, man i was about to throw this thing a hundred miles.
I have loaded to many different receivers to let this thing get me!

Changing the cable is a good idea. Always start the download before turning on the receiver is a key.

It loaded fine by turning it on first and then hitting start on the loader, but maybe your way should be the way it is done. Anyway i thank you one and all for the help!

I just relized that my coolsat 8000hd does dvb-s2 sweet enjoying OETA off 125.

Really wish it had blind scan took a few to take the bs firmware off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts