Coolsat AC-3 Pass Thru ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flinthill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
West Central Texas
I’ve search the archives on this topic and there seems to be some varying input on whether or not the Coolsat 4000 Pro passes thru to the S/PDIF port the AC-3 audio signal for the PBS channels on AMC 3. If this is possible, I could use some suggestions on a decoder to power 2 small external speakers.

As always, many thanks for your help.

Ron

the 4000 should pass it

as for how to pass the audio, do a search on "sonic voom"...they work great

i can tell you the thought of moving to a HD unit that could decode & pass ac-3 is appealing
if its the only reason to move up to the HD unit then the $20 sonic unit is the better option
plus the learning curve is higher on new units.... i wish the coolsat 8000 (hd box) was as easy to setup and operate like my coolsat 5000 , but its not .... not even close but i suspect i will have to learn how to deal with it :) but this is just a warning and not discouragement the new HD box might not be as easy to use as the coolsat 4000 pro

Then, of course, there's the issue with finding the "perfect" HD box. Such an animal really doesn't exist as of yet, and when you put down $400, you would like to think that you won't need another box for some time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)