Coolsat IKS Dongle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Hi guys!
Hoping you all enjoying the long weekend! :D
While surfing Ebay I saw some products that came out called Coolsat IKS Dongle. It has something to do with Internet. It works on the Coolsat 8000 and 8100 receivers.
Anyone got one? I am curious! :cool:

I'll give you 7 letters to figure it out using these letters

C
R
E
H
S
A
K

That's what its designed for.

The I is for what we're on
The K is for the (above word) favorite word....also used to open a lock
the S is for Sharing

Interesting, so its updated automatically because its being shared? I am surprised that they allow them to sell such items on there.

Okay, if I understand this right, it's a tool the hackers can get their bin numbers constantly...
illegal mess at it's best.
Thanks Iceberg for telling me this. I can't believe Ebay got them.

I am glad to be a part of Satelliteguys, helping to keep me inform so I won't make a mistake. Keep up the good work, Iceberg!
I am always watching for something new and by letting you guys know helps me to be alert.

I figured the internet would be used as a tool to further help hackers with some sort of communication and updates with the ecm's that they send down.

I am glad to be a part of Satelliteguys, helping to keep me inform so I won't make a mistake. Keep up the good work, Iceberg!
I am always watching for something new and by letting you guys know helps me to be alert.

thats what we're here for :) To help out

Is there any legal usefully functions available by adding the 'RS-232 to Ethernet' adapter ?
It hard to believe such generic device have only one purpose.

Is there any legal usefully functions available by adding the 'RS-232 to Ethernet' adapter ?

Wouldn't it be cool for us to figure out how to use it to automatically d/l channel lists and such VIA ethernet? That would be the cats meow to download one channel list to your desktop and then push it VIA ethernet to all of your receivers in the house...:)

oh you'd be amazed what crap they make for "one use only" on a FTA box (sadly...99% of it has nothing to do for us)

Wouldn't it be cool for us to figure out how to use it to automatically d/l channel lists and such VIA ethernet? That would be the cats meow to download one channel list to your desktop and then push it VIA ethernet to all of your receivers in the house...:)
That'll happen a lot sooner than any sort of over-the-air guide for all the FTA channels.
(Well, the religious combine seems to be working toward an EPG, but that won't be a general solution)

If the FTA hacks had a clue, they'd be promoting the very idea Stogie is describing.
Why? Because it gives 'em a legitimate reason for that product to exist.
They'd do it for self-preservation.

And not only have a few (one?) receivers come out with ethernet ports, but it seems that ethernet to serial dongles are appearing for other receivers.
Looks like the FTA box needs special code modification to work with the adapter.
Seems even the popular Visionsat IV200 is getting support.

Now, who do you suppose we could beat on to get those guys pointed in the direction of self-generated EPG for FTA...? - :rolleyes:

As I understand the "Card", it just gives the Box a Physical connection to a network. It's software / firmware that uses the Connection to connect to an "IKS" server. With the proper software and available server, I would think many True FTA features would be possible. I do remember that the LyngBox was going to be able to connect to Lyngsat.com for automatic TP / Channel updates.

Serial to ethernet dongles are nothing new. Atleast not for me anyways. They have been around for many years.

In fact, the space center (Kennedy Space Center), brighthouse networks, twc, and comcast have these and use them on a daily basis.

Their MOST COMMON use is for big (and I do mean BIG) high speed dot matrix printers (Search IBM 800 model) to be able to hook them up to the network so that multiple users can print to them.

All it took was someone with some knowledge to convert it to the use of FTA boxes. This is going to be an interesting thing to watch.

What blows me away is that what they are doing is illegal, right? THEN they are gonna plug their box into the internet where it can BROADCAST to the whole world that they are looking for keys to illegally decrypt a specific signal. Not exactly STEALTHY, now is it? :confused:

Should be easy for FBI or other investigative types to track them down once they locate and seize the server. Or once they get one for themselves and run packet analyzer, then they got one more pattern to plug into the telcos and ISPs that aren't (yeah right) allowing invasion of privacy by government agencies.

Should be easy for FBI or other investigative types to track them down once they locate and seize the server. Or once they get one for themselves and run packet analyzer, then they got one more pattern to plug into the telcos and ISPs that aren't (yeah right) allowing invasion of privacy by government agencies.

LOL... I have been wondering about that. With all those FTA bin sites that offer fixes and other illegal third party softwares, I am surprised those sites haven't been shut down. If I am a hacker, I would be very leary about downloading those stuff...

Yeah, give these guys enough rope (or in this case ethernet cable) and they'll hang themselves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)