Coolsat loader

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
FL/TN
The computer I have been using to load my Channel Master channel list editor took a dump and consequently I no longer have a usable serial port. I would use a straight cable on the serial port.

Now I am trying to use a USB to serial adapter on a USB port only computer (win 7) and it wont work. Does anyone know if I have to switch to a null cable?

Thanks

Last edited:
The CS5000 is a straight-thru serial cable. The CS8000 is a null-mode cable. In your situation, I'd certainly try a null modem cable, since I have no idea of the orientation of your USB-Serial adaptor.
:)

I am using a Coolsat 5000 but no joy with a USB to serial and a straight cable.

I am using a Coolsat 5000 but no joy with a USB to serial and a straight cable.

right click on "my computer" go to manage, device manager ... and check what comm port # your usb/ serial adapter is using. then make sure to set the port in the coolsat loader the same.

also you might wanna try, right clickin the coolsat loader program, go to properties, go to compatibility, and try setting it to XP, then apply changes. I use vista, and it works better set to XP compatibility.

Ah, success. Thanks Beano.

When my serial port machine (running XP btw) crapped out I could not transfer either the loader or the CM program to this Win 7 machine. So I downloaded everything again and was expecting to use everything on the Win 7 machine, but nada success.

As soon as you mentioned said XP I realized I have another older machine running XP. So out it came, I transferred all to the XP machine and all is well. Whew!

My USB to serial cable adapter likes XP but not Win 7 for some reason.

Now to find an up to date C band satellite list that will work in the CS5000.

Thanks again.

I use it in conjunction with the Channel Master channel list editor. Add, change or modify your channel list and then use the loader to send it to your receiver. I my case, a Coolsat 5000.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)