Cooper River Salmon is Here!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
A bit of backround:

The Copper River flows in the state of Alaska. Almost 300 miles in length, this wild rushing river empties into Prince William Sound at the town of Cordova. Salmon that originate in these pristine waters are challenged by its length and its strong, chill rapids. Consequently, Copper River salmon are strong, robust creatures with a healthy store of natural oils and body fat. These qualities make the salmon among the richest, tastiest fish in the world.

Cooper River Salmon is typically only available in restaurants and markets for 3-4 weeks from Mid-May to Mid-June. My local grocer just notified me that they will be getting in their first shipment of Cooper River Salmon very soon.

I plan on picking up a half-dozen or so salmon steaks while they last. I want to try and smoke a few and grill the others on a cedar plank.

I can't wait! Anyone else grabbing some Cooper River's? :hungry:

Cooper River vs. Copper River (??) I know of the Cooper River in SC. I have actually dived in that tidal torrent. Fascinating place! Loaded with catfish, sturgeon, and gators. But I think it's far too warm for salmon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_River_(South_Carolina)

Now a big plate of all-you-can-eat fried catfish served over a pile of fried 'tators with plenty of tartar sauce and ketchup, and cole slaw and cob corn on the side makes for a major meal...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)