Copying DVR to DVR?

RWB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I've got another 522 coming due to TV2 tuner failure. I've got movies recorded on it I don't want to lose. I'm wondering if this (below) will work to transfer from one DVR to another.

Connect TV1 coax output of old DVR to antenna input of new DVR. Press play on old unit and record on new unit.

Sounds too simple, I'm guessing for some reason this would'nt work. Tell me if you know please.

I know VCR will work but please, I can't deal with a VCR after using a DVR.

RWB said:
I've got another 522 coming due to TV2 tuner failure. I've got movies recorded on it I don't want to lose. I'm wondering if this (below) will work to transfer from one DVR to another.

Connect TV1 coax output of old DVR to antenna input of new DVR. Press play on old unit and record on new unit.

Sounds too simple, I'm guessing for some reason this would'nt work. Tell me if you know please.

I know VCR will work but please, I can't deal with a VCR after using a DVR.
I don't think you can record any thing which comes through antenna input. It only passes the signal what ever it receives to TV.

Thanks guys, I'll just go rent the movies it was only a few. No biggie.

There is no way to do this with a Dish DVR. Reason is that your output is in analog form to do this would require your 522 to have an MPEG-2 encoder. The 522 does not have an encoder just a decoder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts