Copying Guide info to OTA translator?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hardhead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I recently moved to Pullman, WA. I have access to Idaho Public Television (Idaho PBS network) OTA through channels 012-01 through 012-04 (KUID, Moscow). DISH currently provides the Idaho Public Television SD feed on channel 026-00 (from KCDT, Coeur d'Alene). I am currently seeing no guide information for the 012 OTA stations. Both of these stations are translators for the Idaho Public Television network, broadcasting identical feeds.

Is there any way to copy the guide information from 026-00 to 012-01? I'd like to be able to set DVR recordings on my VIP-722 on the OTA HD feed.

No. But you can still record, though not as easily. Look at the guide from the Sat SD feed channel, then make a manual timer for the times you want on the OTA channel 012-1. The other 012 channels -2 through -4 will take you looking up that guide information somewhere else then making a manual timer. Dish does not get the guide data for all the OTA sub channels. Seems to be hit and miss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)