Corrupted Favorites Lists

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Last night when I brought up one of my Favorites Lists in the guide on my ViP-622 it had all kinds of extraneous channels in it. Looking into it further, ALL of my Favorites Lists have been corrupted. They all contain all of the channels, so all of my Favorties Lists look just like the "All Channels" list... including the red and green channels that I don't subscribe to.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Looks like I've got some work to do going through each list and modifying it back to just the channels I want listed in each list.

I was one of the very early ones to get a 622 and this is the first major mess I've seen. Lots of the problems I've seen described on here have never happened to me, so I guess I'm lucky.

Larry
SF

Last night when I brought up one of my Favorites Lists in the guide on my ViP-622 it had all kinds of extraneous channels in it. Looking into it further, ALL of my Favorites Lists have been corrupted. They all contain all of the channels, so all of my Favorties Lists look just like the "All Channels" list... including the red and green channels that I don't subscribe to.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Looks like I've got some work to do going through each list and modifying it back to just the channels I want listed in each list.

I was one of the very early ones to get a 622 and this is the first major mess I've seen. Lots of the problems I've seen described on here have never happened to me, so I guess I'm lucky.

Larry
SF

Have you rebooted the receiver since the last software update? It's a good idea to reboot the receiver after a software update, it may clear things up.

Has this happen on a 222, since then I made a list of the channels on each of my favorites, makes redoing them easier if it ever happens again

Bob

Had a customer who had nearly all their channels get checked in their channel block list. He says he's the only one with the parental control PIN but he didn't put all those channels in the block list.

i tried rebooting and it didn't make any difference. Thanks for the suggestion. It was certainly worth a try.

I spent about an hour and a half putting the channels I want back into each list. Hope they stay that way!

Larry
SF

i tried rebooting and it didn't make any difference. Thanks for the suggestion. It was certainly worth a try.

I spent about an hour and a half putting the channels I want back into each list. Hope they stay that way!

Larry
SF

Yes it occasional happens. I had trouble once. First try clearing your lists and reestablishing them. If that doesn't work consider some of the the resets described elsewhere, such as clearing NVRAM. Or else fails try calling dish, probably for a replacement.