Corrupted hard drive error on your 622 last night?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Did you get the corrupted hard drive error last night on your 622?

• Yes

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 42 45.2%

• Total voters

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
It seems an awful lot of people got the corrupted hard drive error last night and needed to reboot. Some have said it had nothing to do with the latest software release going out but to me it seems highly coincidental that so many people reported the problem last night (late Wed night to Thurs morning). For me it was the first time ever getting the error.

Last edited:
Then why so many problems reported last night? Is it just because so many were watching for the new update and wouldn't have reported it otherwise? I guess that would make sense. Or did Dish try pushing a bunch of VOD last night?

There have been several times that this happened. If you look back through the posts this always came in bunches.

Maybe a wild coincidence, but I my 522 (not 622) died last night.
Went through a long system integrity check (code 770) then kept freezing up.
Dish is shipping a new one.
As the poll specifically says 622, I'm wont vote as it doesn't technically count.
Probably shouldn't even have bothered posting this.

We had our 622 (replaced 522) installed Monday night, and it locked up later that night. When I reset it, it came up and said it had corrupted data on the drive, but all of the content was there after it rebooted again...

I got this error this morning when I first turned on the 622. Thought it had to do with the software update, but when I checked it was still on L366. Fortunately, all DVR recordings were intact. Gave me quite a scare, but was relieved when everything was normal after it re-booted.

I have never seen this corrupted hard drive message on either 622 and I have had both for a year now. KNOCK ON WOOD! I don't get many pay per view video on demands loaded either, just tv entertainment videos.

1st time

It was 1st time for me. So I just soft rebooted and said guess I final had crap VOD on mine unit. Mines still showing L 366 as well. Hoping that I had gotten the beta testing since I had replied to a member that was looking for testers.

It was quite a surprise getting that message this morning. My first thought was "oh s#&%." :p I thought perhaps it was that long awaited software upgrade as well.

My daughter brought it to my attention about 9PM. We simply rebooted and everything on "my" side of the drive seemed to still be there and working OK (at least what we checked). I have seen this msg. about 4 times in the year I've had the unit. I never "OK'd" it, tho' I believe that's no problem. Next time I'll try just that. But something in me tells me that an occasional reboot is good practice just to clean-out the cobwebs and any "gotchas" that are building up ready to pounce, and that message is just my prompt to do so...

50/50

I had the message on my VIP 622 that did not receive the 4.01 update and did not have it on my VIP622 that received the update. It appears to me that something apparently needed to be changed on my VIP 622 that had the message before level 4.01 can be installed. It's too much of a coincidence for so many people to have received it at the same time L4.01 was being downloaded without there being some connection to the L4.01 download.

The message would have really been iritating if I had not already seen some posts on the Forums indicating that the recorded programs were not deleted as the message would indicate.

It's too much of a coincidence for so many people to have received it at the same time L4.01 was being downloaded without there being some connection to the L4.01 download.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there as this has happened many times in bunches while on the 2 software versions prior to L4.01. I say totally unreleated.

The problem has normally been in the way that they download and record this content. If it doesn't complete for any reason, such as a signal interruption, there was a good change that you would get this corruption.

It has not been explained what they are doing in 4.01, but since they mention deleting all the VoD content, I think they may be reformatting that partition to another format. Perhaps one that supports journaling, so that the partition will not become corrupt, and they can just delete incomplete recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts