Corrupted PIDs Openbox s10 / AMC1 103w C-band Metv Thistv mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hwm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
North Central Idaho
For the last month or so, we will occasionally lose one of these three channels on the 3740V transponder of 103w C-band: Metv1 Metv2, and Thistv. When I look at the detailed channel info, the PIDs numbers will be changed to nonsense values. After I edit them to the correct values, or simply reload a saved channel list with old/correct values, the channels are okay again. No channel scanning of any sort has taken place, just normal use of the receiver.

Is this another Openbox quirk, or are the PID values not only hidden for these channels, but sometimes broadcast incorrectly?

My Openbox S10 only has this problem with these three channels, no others.

I seen the PIDs for one or more of these channels change to some crazy number about six weeks to a couple of months ago. When I say they changed, I mean they changed in my channel list, not in the actual stream.

This happened to me using DVB Viewer, which is what I normally use. In fact, it must've been the APID in MeTV, because I record Gunsmoke on that channel everyday. The day this happened, my recording had video, but no audio.

I have no idea how something in the stream can cause a param in a channel list to change... but that's sure what happened. But I haven't seen it since. Maybe I'll need to check today's recording when I get home tonight.

And yes, I'm also talking about the MeTV @ 103°.

Cheers

Some receivers automatically update PIDs for channels listed in the satellite's transponder table. The Hyundai receivers with the STi chipsets used to drive me crazy with this inane "feature"! fortunately, your receiver is not capable of enabling this "feature".

To my knowledge, S9,10,12, (or whatever model), only is capable of updating PIDs manually if the receiver has the option enabled in the firmware to allow the user to select and perform a network scan.

Random changes of PID enties on a saved channel is a logic error with your receiver. Automatic PID parameter updates is not a feature on this model of receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts