Cost of Additional Radios in January?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mika911

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
A lot of news articles seem to suggest the standard package will be $19.99 come January that will include Internet fees too.

However, I am on a lifetime plan with primary radio. My only real concern is how much my additional radios are going to increase each month? I have two of them at this time.

Has there been any information on what the additional radio fee will be? That will help many of us make a decision on if we would like to purchase a 2 or 3 year deal to lock in the $8.99 or whatever it currently goes at.

I wouldn't be looking for a rate increase (or an announcement thereof) until after the holidays. Doing it earlier would be a bad business move.

If they go up in price above their current levels to any extent they are all but assuring bankruptcy. No one in their right mind will pay $20/mo for the crap product they are currently putting out.

It's time for the justice department to bust them apart as a monopoly with someone clearly telling the FCC "I told ya so"

A lot of news articles seem to suggest the standard package will be $19.99 come January that will include Internet fees too.
Yikes! I love my XM, even in its current format, but $20/month would be pretty hard to justify. That is almost a 50% rate increase and I have to think they will lose a lot of subscribers if they make that jump.

Does anyone have any idea what the news channels will be? I know some of them will be spanish. Wil they be adding anymore Canadian channels? They need stream of CBC News Network or CTV News Channel.

It will be interesting to see what type of retention deals they will have to offer. I've been doing $77/year for a few years and won't pay more than that in the future.

It will be interesting to see what type of retention deals they will have to offer. I've been doing $77/year for a few years and won't pay more than that in the future.

What do you get for $77 a year? I pay $23 a month for two radios ala carte. How can get in on that deal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts