Cost of Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

obermi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have called Dish several times and never got a straight answer for what I want to do! I have the following right now: One DVR 522 (for two TV’s) two DVR 510’s (for two different rooms) and my programming is ATP with locals and the Superstation. My monthly bill is around $108.00. My contract ends tomorrow!

$89.99 (ATP)
$5.99 (Superstations)
$5.00 (Additional Receiver)
$5.00 (Additional Receiver)

I want to upgrade to the following:

VIP 622, Keep my 522 & one of the 510’s (This would serve 5 TV’s)
DishHD Platinum with Locals

$ 104.99 (DishHD Platinum-with Locals)
$ 5.99 (Superstations)
$ 5.00 (Additional Receiver)
$ 5.00 (Additional Receiver)

Should be $ 120.98

Why was I told by 5 different CSR that it’s (132.00, 142.00, 124.00, 146.00, and 128.00)?

BFG said:
Yes, there's a $6 HD Receiver Lease Fee when dish'n it up for a 622
I don't understand. I thought if you got the Platinum package with the 622 there would be no receiver or lease fee. Am I missing something here?

yes you're missing a lot. The only thing waived with Platinum is the DVR Service fees

I just called back and this CRS said that I could only have service on 4 TV's. So what do I do if I have 5 TV's and in about two or three months get another HD TV?
They have no other options for big families.

Purchase the 622 ($649) and sell a 510 (not sure how much it's worth) and pay $120.98 per month. Upgrade under Dish'n It Up ($299) and return a 510 (receive $25 credit) and pay $126.98 per month. The free installation and 18-month programming commitment are additional considerations.

For me, I kept my leased 942 (paid $250 lease upgrade fee) and purchased a 622 since I didn't need installation, didn't want an 18 month commitment since FiOS is 12-24 months away, and I can always user the 622 to subscribe to Dish HD Stand Alone at some point in the future.

BFG said:
yes you're missing a lot. The only thing waived with Platinum is the DVR Service fees
So with the 622, in addition to the lease fee ($6 per month) there's a service fee of $6 per month with anything less than Platinum service? Thats $12 a month to have a DVR plus the initial $299 cost??

obermi said:
I just called back and this CRS said that I could only have service on 4 TV's. So what do I do if I have 5 TV's and in about two or three months get another HD TV?
They have no other options for big families.

I don't think this is true. I currently lease a 522 and an 811. When I called to upgrade to a 622, they asked if I wanted to add it to the others (which would have given me 5 tuners), or trade one in. I intend to trade the 811, but I didn't have to. I'm sure there are others here with 5+ tuners on their account.

The other thing to consider is whether all 5 TV's will be used at the same time. If not, you can share the same TV2 signal from either the 522 or 622 on multiple TV's.

No Programing fee

What i would like someone to exsplain to me is how cable companies and also when Primestar was around that the federal goverment said (After Cox cable lost the battle in court with FCC)
that no provider could charge a fee per room for service or programing fee of any type .
The court said if a customer pays for service its considered for the address not per connection meaning when i got $3000.00 which was $500.00 dollars a year for 2 years based as at ......4 rooms i was charged for 4 rooms 5.00 dollars a month X 4 rooms so everybody that had cox cable got $500.00 dollars a connection a year so 2 years the check invoice stated $3000.00

I think its time to take on the sat ripoffs and get things straight again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts