Cost of HBO w/DVR Advantage?

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Is it $10, or do I have to order multiple premiums to make them $10 a piece?

The way I read it was that it was 10.00 but you had to order two premium packages which meant they were 20.00. That is where they are getting the HUGE savings that they declare.

If you have Dvr atvantage, The premiums are only $10 each. Even if you only have one. HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Showtime,Playboy,and if you have Top 200 with DVR atvantage ,The top 250 pack is only $10 extra as well.

So he would save month on both the AT 200 and HBO. What is the trade-off of DVR Advantage? A CSR couldn't explain it to me in a way that I could understand. Surely they aren't giving away something for nothing.

There isnt really a trade off of dvr advantage except you must sign a new contract or go on autopay. You save $3 a month with DVR advantage. They are bascially trying to get you to go paperless which saves them money which is the savings. The 250 pack is then $10 more, along with the movie premium packages.

I'll have to give the CSRs another call. Hopefully they won't notice that I had Cinemax less than six months ago and remove my Cinemax for a penny....

Whether I like it or not...

Even though I didn't agree to the DVR advantage when I was on the phone, I see that it was put on my account anyway. Since I now understand what it is about (thanks SatelliteGuys forum posters), I will take my $5.98 discount per month and be happy.

Between that and Cinemax for a penny, not a bad discount. Enough to offset the cost advantage of moving to D* as a new customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)