Cost to switch to Hopper from 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
My in-laws currently have a 722 connected to 2 TVs and might want to upgrade to Hopper. What is the current cost difference of switching to a Hopper + 1 Joey from a 722?

I would say free with a 2yr contract. That's what mine was anyway.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My in-laws currently have a 722 connected to 2 TVs and might want to upgrade to Hopper. What is the current cost difference of switching to a Hopper + 1 Joey from a 722?

I am more than happy to look into this for you. Will you PM me w/ the phone number and 4-digit PIN to check all fees & total cost?

Thanks.

The ongoing monthly cost increase would be $12 per month for a total of $19. A $12 DVR/Whole Home fee (VS $7 you now pay) and $7 for the additional receiver you don't have now. You would also have the ability to record all four networks at once, still leaving two other tuners available, and HD in the second room. Keep in mind the Joey in the second room does not have it's own tuners (Unless you pay more per month for a Super Joey) so it shares the ones from the Hopper, but it can watch a different channel than is being watched in the Hopper room, and can access the hard drive for recorded programs just like the Hopper can.
The decision would be is the added technology worth $12 a month more, only you can answer that. The actual upgrade to get the equipment can be free with a two year contract, contacting Mike H above or one of the DIRT members here is the best way to get all the cost answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)