COSTAS LEAVES HBO FOR MLB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He's allegedly going to be the PBP man on their Thursday night games.:up

That will be a treat having Costas calling games again.

Now if they could only get Vin Scully to call some games..........THAT would be awesome!!! :up

I agree, Costas has always loved baseball as number one from my observaton. He loves not only the game but the history of the game.

I agree, Costas has always loved baseball as number one from my observaton. He loves not only the game but the history of the game.

His second assignment for MLB TV is an hour long Joe Torre interview set to air Thursday night. If anyone will pull no punches it will be Costas. I'm there!

Costas is a great talent with a love for baseball. IMHO, he should have managed his career like Madden, McCarver, and Packer, moving networks as the rights moved. He was lost hyping the NBA.

Costas is best hosting events. He did a great job during the Olympics and the SB. I doubt MLB will let Costas opine about how steroids have tarnished the game or bemoan Manny Rameriez's antics. He will say EXACTLY what Bud Selig wants him to say just like Jon Miller and Joe Morgan do on ESPN.

Does this mean that the MLB is going to have a deal like FOX where ONLY that game will be shown on that night , so the rest of us cannot watch OUR game on Thursdays ???

No.

Local RSNs will carry games in-market. MLBN will carry a single game, on an out-of-market only basis (blacked out in the areas of the two team playing.) MLBEI will continue as is.

Remember, however, that Thursday is often a travel day or a day where teams play those silly weekday day games, since baseball has apparently not discovered that the airplane has replaced the train. So there really are not going to be that many games on Thursday nights anyway.

Remember, however, that Thursday is often a travel day or a day where teams play those silly weekday day games, since baseball has apparently not discovered that the airplane has replaced the train. So there really are not going to be that many games on Thursday nights anyway.
Home teams often schedule those "silly weekday day games" when they have to travel to the opposite coast to play the next night. As a player, would you rather take a red-eye flight or already be in your next hotel room??

There are still enough games to be broadcast that aren't originally scheduled to be getaway games, but I wonder if MLB will be allowed to change the time of some marquee matchups, like the flex scheduling agreement NBC has with the NFL??

Great news indeed. Costas' passion for MLB is unmatched by most.

In his younger days he and Tony Kubek were hands down the finest announcing duo working.

Glad to see him back with MLB.

It sounds like MLB is doing a much better job with its channel than the NBA and NFL....I wish that it was available to me :(

Anyone have the time this is airing? I'd love to set the DVR for this one.

HD,

With the live games from Mexico being played this week, it may not be right on-time...but I believe the interview is scheduled to air at 5PM tomorrow night. Check the schedule as I a sure it will be shown several times in the next few days.

Like you, I can't wait to hear this one!

HD,

With the live games from Mexico being played this week, it may not be right on-time...but I believe the interview is scheduled to air at 5PM tomorrow night. Check the schedule as I a sure it will be shown several times in the next few days.

Like you, I can't wait to hear this one!

Thanks KCK. :up

Home teams often schedule those "silly weekday day games" when they have to travel to the opposite coast to play the next night.

Actually, the union contract requires a full day off going or coming every time there is a shift of two time zones or more.

The teams have 81 dates and they waste 10 or more of these on game that, at least most places, draw significantly fewer fans and, almost every place, are not even on local TV. The millionaire players, like their NHL and NBA brothers did before them, need to learn to tough it out a little. And, of course, pitchers can easily be sent ahead, flying commercial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)