Could CV be losing customers?

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
With all this nonsense about forcing people to switch to an IO s ubscription to receive favorite/popular channels like Soap, Speed, and GSN, could Cablevision be forcing people away to Dish, or when it becomes available, FIOS TV?

I know that even though I'll have to use a box with FIOS TV, I'll be getting more channels for a lower price than I will with CAblevision, and that alone will be reason enough to switch.

I know I was ticked when GSN went to digital down the JErsey Shore. We don't come here that often to warrent an IO subscription...

Later

well according to the number they have been posting for the past 2yrs now I would say no, every quarter they have been adding more subs then losing.

Also if you Fios doesnt have all the channels Cablevision has either, for instance they do not have MSG, FoxSport NY, AMC, IFC and We that I know of.

You do not need an iO subscription just a box, which is 5.74. And usually when they make one of those channels digital they usually give you a free box for 6months or a year depending on the promotion at the time.

uroberto said:
At a minimum, they will charge $5 for IO nav package along with the digital box. This charge, apparently, can't be avoided.

if you complain enough about needing it for a family channel you dont wanted it for the vod access, or any premiums or channels above 100, you will not need to subscribe to the iO navigation package either.

You have to stated that you need it to get channels in the family package that you are already paying and want none of the other digital services.

Hmm, When we went to pick up the box for home, they said they could give it to us for 3 months..after that, we need to get a subscription...It worked out for home, because we where paying close to 60$'s anyway...

hbk409 said:
if you complain enough about needing it for a family channel you dont wanted it for the vod access, or any premiums or channels above 100, you will not need to subscribe to the iO navigation package either.

You have to stated that you need it to get channels in the family package that you are already paying and want none of the other digital services.

I don't know of anyone who has been able to avoid the charge, even with complaining. One way around it is that if you already subscribe to a premium channel, then the nav package is included.

hbk409 said:
Also if you Fios doesnt have all the channels Cablevision has either, for instance they do not have MSG, FoxSport NY, AMC, IFC and We that I know of.

LOL, that's because CV owns those channels....Eventually the courts will force CV to offer them on FIOS. :eureka

Grimlok said:
LOL, that's because CV owns those channels....Eventually the courts will force CV to offer them on FIOS. :eureka

I know they own those channels, and since they also run the garden the can run fiber straight to the garden and not need an uplink truck, like comcast does in philly thats why you cant get any local games in philly unless you have comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)