Could Have Been A Nightmare...But Great

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
The installer had called me last night telling me he could come earlier than the next scheduled next week. Well, I love him already.

He came out installed everything and I can get all my locals but the UHF Fox station that no one can get unless they are under the tower. I'm couldn't get it before so no big deal. They're cheap so and so's but that is another story.

My receiver starts to download and I go back to work. Get home 3 hours later and the receiver won't turn on. Nothing.

The guy who installed my stuff, Jim, had given me his cell phone and told me to call him if I had any problems. I did. He came here about 5:30 my time, switched out my receiver ....told me a funny story and the new receiver is downloading as we speak.

Jim the installer rocks. Friday night...and he cares about me.

What could have been another 3 or 4 wait, happened immediately because he cares about his work.

So...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this receiver is golden ....

Jamey

Great news, Jamey!! :) At one point last summer, I had an installer like Jim. My guy was at my house in 105° heat (on a tile roof) starting at 1:30 PM on the 4th of July weekend. He did his level best to correct my initial horrendous install and give me an upgraded antenna. The upgraded antenna didn't do as well as the initial one had, and I kept begging him to give it up. He finally agreed at 6:00 or 6:30 PM.

Some installers like yours, mine (that one time), a few others I've heard of, and TYORK go that extra mile because they DO care about their work! :clap :bow :clap :bow I just wish there were more of them!! Hoping your receiver is golden too...Vicki :D

Great! Glad you're installed and fixed so quickly. I hope you're Vooming by now.

I had to call customer service after my install and have them hit my receivers because I wasn't receiving a couple of my channels initially, but I bet they have that issue resolved by now.

Enjoy your first weekend with Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)