Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
using new motec sg-2100 motor and new sonicview 360 elite

I finally got some decent weather when I had time to play with my new receiver and I still am having problems.
I set my dish roughly south. Made a small adjuster screw from threaded rod to help with my elevation. I set a clamp under the motor bracket to stop the motor from working it's way down the shaft. I set my little Satellite finder ( the one with the annoying Beep ) between the dish and the receiver and was able to pick up 3 different signals I got a good signal from them so I started going through the list of satellites from 77 w to 97 w and east from 77 w but not once was I able to see quality, could my lnb be bad? the lnb is a standard signal lnbf which used to work with my old motor and Pansat 250sm

Not likely that your lnbf is bad. You need to change your technique a little. Take your receiver and small TV out to the dish.
1) Find a hot TP on your true south satellite.
2) Bring that tp up on your satellite tuning screen.
3) With your motor set at it's zero point, swivel the whole motor/dish assembly on the mast until you get your best quality signal.
4) Then tweak your dish elevation to see if you can improve the quality. Usually we do this by gently pulling and pushing the dish, to see if any improvement is noticed.
5) Scan the true south bird. Once you've gotten the channels, set your motor to go to the next bird and see if it finds it. I'm at 86.2W longitude, so after nailing the true south at 87W, I check 97W and scan it, then 125W and scan it. I figure if I can get them, I'm on the arc.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts