Could I purchase a SECOND Hopper 3 on Amazon or something like that?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I've read on these boards that one could have a second Hopper 3 if you talk to the right CSR and that it has to be purchased. Well it's pretty hard to find the right one, so I think I'll try a site like Amazon or something similar like eBay. Can I do that? My second question is, is that the owned price or the leased price? I know I'd rather have it be leased. I plan on getting a second Hopper 3 sooner or later. I thank you guys for your input in advance.

You can purchase a second H3. Just contact DIRT to make sure it is an owner receiver, and you’re not being sold a leased receiver, because they will not activate it on your account. The monthly prices are the same whether owned or leased.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I've read on these boards that one could have a second Hopper 3 if you talk to the right CSR and that it has to be purchased. Well it's pretty hard to find the right one, so I think I'll try a site like Amazon or something similar like eBay. Can I do that? My second question is, is that the owned price or the leased price? I know I'd rather have it be leased. I plan on getting a second Hopper 3 sooner or later. I thank you guys for your input in advance.
you need a local retailer who will agree to install and activate that second Hopper 3, or if you go through dish you will need to have that CSR set up in the work order the installation and activation of the second Hopper 3, otherwise you will have spent money for nothing because the tech will not be authorized to install and activate that second Hopper 3.

in my case I had confirmed and permission and a clear deal/offer that if I I either paid dish directly for the second Hopper 3, which was the more expensive option at that time, or bought my own Hopper 3 from a third-party, I was cleared to call back and set up the installation date for to Hopper threes and all of my Joeys. I was working with a special CSR with a direct telephone number not CSR at random. so this particular higher-level CSR was my constant contact from beginning to end, including follow up after installation. so if the standard CSR says no, Then you need to find a high-level CSR who has the authority to say yes or a final NO for that matter and who will be your Constant Contact from beginning to end their by eliminating confusion of what other csr's may say or think.

I have to tell you that if your Constant Contact CSR is off duty during the installation then there may be some hoops to jump through to get that box authorized. But don't give up hope in my case I had to agree to the $100 stupid upgrade with a regular CSR who just didn't have the authority and didn't understand it all, but then the next day once my constant CSR was back on duty they took it off, or he had stated it can set up in the computer all ready to take off that hundred dollars which it already did him before he arrived on duty. because I was granted no upgrade fee and no commitment, but I'm in extremely long time subscriber on the very high-end, so I guess that's why they offered that to me as a form of apology. I could have just waited until the next day when he came on duty for him to authorize just one of the hopper threes, but that was unacceptable to me I needed one authorized right away so dear old mom can watch her stuff. I sent an email to my constant contact CSR who authorized the second Hopper the next day while I was asleep. So I just went along with the routine and knew I could always call my constant contact CSR the next day and he clear everything up. I just pay for the second Hopper 3, but that was my deal that may not be your deal. Your deal might still incur an upgrade fee. I don't know. but if you're not a long time subscriber and if you're not on the higher end of subscriptions, your offer ordeal may not be as sweet as someone who's been around Tish longer and spends more money per month.

so basically so basically what I'm saying is don't go spending any money until you have this thing set up and confirmed with either a local retailer or through dish. just keep in mind that if you are more recent subscriber with Dish and or have a lower monthly bill, your deal may require an upgrade charge. each subscriber is going to be granted their own conditions and terms, so don't just expect the very same sweet offer that an individual on this form may have gotten. also, there is a very reputable online retailer of dish products and installations. he stands by what he sells and has been used by many members of this form including yours truly for years. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get your too hot for threes.

Last edited:
I forgot I forgot to add as Chad t41 pointed out, that even if you buy your own Dish box such as a DVR or client, you are still going to be charged the very same amount of monthly fee for that DVR or client whether it is leased or ownwd. there is no escaping those monthly fees. it's really about dish minimizing its costs for such an installation as two Hopper threes. dish only subsidizes to a point, but after that, sometimes, if a subscriber pays for the additional expense then dish will often agree to install, but I can't say that's the case in every situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)