could someone check 101W Ku please?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I rescanned it today and I saw that I was getting one more radio channel than I'm accustomed to. It's an unnamed channel that the SatHawk tags at Ch-3. I'm not hearing anything on it, but the signal is barely above the threshold for receiving anything on this box, probably due to my 30" dish being too small to have an LNB for 101 properly mounted next to the one for 97. It's a new transponder too, and the strange thing is that the SatHawk doesn't normally pick up transponders with a symbol rate that low no matter how strong they are! It's 11814 V, SR 2169.

Your 30" is showing it's size, Jim. You've got some bleedover, there.

11815 V 2170 is on 103W
Coolsat 6000 has 75%Q on the Direcway

And I have no audio either.

Bust out the Azbox or PC card on that 'cause I don't know what it is...

I rescanned it today and I saw that I was getting one more radio channel than I'm accustomed to. It's an unnamed channel that the SatHawk tags at Ch-3. I'm not hearing anything on it, but the signal is barely above the threshold for receiving anything on this box, probably due to my 30" dish being too small to have an LNB for 101 properly mounted next to the one for 97. It's a new transponder too, and the strange thing is that the SatHawk doesn't normally pick up transponders with a symbol rate that low no matter how strong they are! It's 11814 V, SR 2169.

There is no such transponder on 101. I think that you're seeing AMC1 .

Thanks guys. I knew there was a silent audio channel on AMC1, but I forgot the frequency and Lyngsat doesn't have that transponder listed so I thought it was new on AMC4. This is the first time I've had bleedover in that direction -- when I had it on AMC1 I used to get RTPI from AMC4 once in a while but that one was a no-brainer to figure out!

I looked at that transponder on AMC1 with TSREADER. It shows 6 audio streams, and according to the TSREADER scope traces, 5 of the 6 are supposed to have audio on them. The first one on the list, which I think is PID 56 (not sure) looks to be blank.
HOWEVER, I can't seem to hear any audio even on the PIDs that do seem to have audio on them either, so something is strange.
I was trying to play with VLC, but also recorded a bit and tried playing on windows media player and Nero player too, but nothing worked.
According to TSREADER, all 6 streams are supposed to be regular MPEG1 audio.

EDIT: I just scanned the transponder into my Diamond 9000, and it plays 5 of the 6. Not sure why VLC wouldn't play them.
The first track is blank, but the next 5 have audio. 2-5 have the same audio, but the 6th one is different.

Strange that VLC wouldn't play it. But I'm guessing that you guys could play the audio if you change audio tracks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts