Could someone explain this to me (Account Charges)

BrianMis said:
Because I'm leasing both receivers, BFG had a great idea I'm changing my battle plan and fighting to have the 5.00 fee removed from the 522.
Oh OK, that's still Bullsh!t though. The first receiver should be included in the package programming free of charge, leasing or not. I hope they will budge.

You mean to tell me that when you get a 622 they charge you a $6 access fee on top of paying $5 for a 2nd receiver plus a $5.98 DVR in addition to whatever HD package you subscribe to???:confused: I'm talking about swapping my 921 and I also have a 311, total of 2 receivers. I thought this access fee B.S. was only if you had an HD receiver and didn't subscribe to an HD pkg. If this is correct they're crazy! Next thing ya know there'll be a $6 usage fee per remote!! :mad:
Ed

no, no no.....

$6 Is the Receiver Lease Fee / additional receiver fee for the new Hd receivers. and if you get it through dish'n it up you'll be charged the fee, no matter if it becomes the only receiver you have.

But most people will still have a receiver on their accout that they either own or got when they signed up w/ DHA, so the fee is still a normal additional receiver fee.

622, 411, and 311 = $6.00 access fee for the 411 $5.98 for the DVR FEE and $5.00
additional reciever fee for the 311. $622 is connected to active phone line.

BFG said:
no, no no.....

$6 Is the Receiver Lease Fee / additional receiver fee for the new Hd receivers. and if you get it through dish'n it up you'll be charged the fee, no matter if it becomes the only receiver you have.

But most people will still have a receiver on their accout that they either own or got when they signed up w/ DHA, so the fee is still a normal additional receiver fee.
Thanks for your quick reply! Are you saying that I would be charged this $6 fee on the leased 622 but the 311 that I own would not be subject to the $5 2nd receiver fee??:confused: After I send them the POS 921 that I paid $549.00 plus tax & shipping for and pay them $299 upfront to LEASE the 622 (plus tax & shipping I'm sure). Of course by waiting 'til 4/1 I'll be eligible for the $200 rebate--probably $10 @ month off for 20 months. :rolleyes:
Ed

correct. as long as you have still have a receiver that you either own or got through DHA when you signed up, that receiver should become primary and have no 1st room charge.

This is what Brian has to get fixed :)

BFG said:
correct. as long as you have still have a receiver that you either own or got through DHA when you signed up, that receiver should become primary and have no 1st room charge.

Thanks again for the response, I appreciate it. That cools me off....a little:rolleyes: Thanks also for letting me vent.
Ed

BFG said:

Thanks for the tips BFG, I am working them now. I got them to wave the 6.00 fee while they are working to get the fees removed from the 522.

According to my math, if they permanently waive the $6.00 fee you will pay $100.97. If you go to the Platinum Pak, you could pay $99.99 for Platinum Pak and $6.00 for the leased receiver. For $105.99 you get everything except the PPV type packages. Someone check my math because this doesn't seem right.

I think this billing crap is going to get worse before it gets any better....

I called in to dish to find out my billing... cuz the last bill was full of extra crap where I did the upgrade and completely unintelligible as to what the real charges were...

Heres my situation:

When I signed up with dish I had 2 301's

When the 510 came out I did dishnitup one of the 301 to 510

Now that the 622 came out, I did it again and replaced the other 301 with a 622

So NOW I have a 622 and a 510...

My billing is:

DishHD Platinum 104.99
NBC West 1.50
NBC East 1.50
Fox West 1.50
Fox East 1.50
Reciever Access Fee 6.00

They said that my 510 is listed as the primary reciever on the account... So I guess it doesnt make much difference as to which one I pay the extra reciever fee for...

BUT Here's what gets me!!!!

I asked why I was paying 104.99 and not 99.99 as I am not getting locals (they are not offered)

After putting me on hold for a while... he came back and told me that since I do not have the locals, since I am DHP, I have to pay the 5 dollars anwyay as a 'warranty for my equipment'

WHAT?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)