Could UCONN basketball be on their way to NCAA Sanctions?

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...Friends of mine told me he read this today when reading the Wall Street Journal:

In another setback for the coach, a person familiar with the matter said a representative from the NCAA, which has been investigating Mr. Calhoun's program for possible recruiting violations, has informed the school that investigators have found violations and will be issuing a report in the near future.

UConn Coach Jim Calhoun Hits a Rough Patch - WSJ.com

This is BS. Basically a rehash of Calimari love interest Dan Wetzel's yahoo article from, amazingly enough, last year's final four (ie when UConn as indeed under a spotlight).

Very quickly, Steve Lavin looks like he has brought one LA recruit, Dwayne Polee, to St John's, and it looks like another may follow as well. There are rumors Polee will sign shortly.

There is also a rumor that Maurice Hicks, head coach at Rice HS and the director of the powerful Gauchos AAU program out of Manhattan, is about to join Lavin's staff as director of basketball operations or something. This is exactly the kind of hire the previous coaches never made.

If Lavin can make in-roads into NYC recruiting and also continue to use his west coast connections, he will have the opportunity to accomplish a lot in a relatively short period of time.

I just hope he does everything above board. I don't remember any NCAA issues with Lavin at UCLA, am I forgetting something?

Sandra

This is BS. Basically a rehash of Calimari love interest Dan Wetzel's yahoo article from, amazingly enough, last year's final four (ie when UConn as indeed under a spotlight).

So when the shoe is on the other foot, then it didn't happen. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)