Could use some advice, ASAP...

Tell Dish that your dad canceled and you moved back home the same day and want your own account now.

Why does Dish want to loose three months of service?

Here's the situation. My household has had Dish for about ten years. Our equipment has never been upgraded, and we were paying about $80 a month for channels we don't need, and without HD, at that. My dad decided to cancel our service because it was just getting to be too much.

I, however, want to get Dish service for our household in my name, and I basically want to start from scratch. I want to get HD receivers for our HD TVs, and I'd like to get the Dish America package. I was hoping to get it all set up online so they could come out either Saturday or Sunday, but upon trying to do so, I got an error online that our household had canceled service within the last three months (more like earlier in the day).

So, what now? Do I really have to wait three months to get service in my name? Technically, I am a new customer. The previous account was all in my dad's name. I want it all set up in mine. Is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not have to wait three months...
Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds to me like you did this the hard way. I mean, did you even contact Dish at all before you decided to cancel? It sounds like you have a very old setup based on your post and I think if you would have called dish, they probably would have upgrade all of your equipment for free and you could have still started from scratch when it came to programming. But that's just my humble opinion. Hope everything still works out for you.

This should be real easy. Try setting up online again. The new account will be a different name. Be sure to use a different phone number and CC number.
You need to modify the street address. Add an extra letter or number after the house number or try a simple spelling error in the street name.
Make sure it is not enough to throw off the mail or the installer.
104 Main St would become 104A or 104 Main St #2
You can always correct it later after the install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)