Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's correct, although I'm not sure why you put Funimation channel next to Nickelodeon.

I used the list in post #197 for my list. That is where I saw Funimation next to the Nickelodeon channel so I put it in my list since I didn't know what it was. Can you help me out with the five channels in my list that do not have the channel numbers? I went back and looked at a commercial in a VH1 channel that we recorded about the Viacom issue and took a pic of the 18 channels' logos.
Viacom Channels.jpg

Wow, I truly can't believe I wouldn't miss a single one of these channels... Son has grown up and moved out so no more Nick. Jon Stewart left, No more Comedy Central. MTV/VH1, yeah don't think so... Well, Guess I'm good, toss me back some Money Dish and let them go! :)

Sounds like Viacom was playing hard ball and as the deadline came closer they started to sweat and blink
It could just as well be Dish that "blinked". They probably really don't want to lose the channels but will definitely bluff that they will go without them. A few customers will cancel their service over this (most will huff and puff .... and do nothing), sure, but it's the publicity that Dish really wants to avoid.

No Blackout As Deadline Passes For New Viacom-Dish Network Deal http://deadline.com/2016/04/viacom-dish-carriage-negotiations-1201741335/
Despite two days of tough talk, Viacom’s channels remained up on Dish Network past the 12:00 PM ET expiration of their carriage agreement. Dish still beamed Viacom’s content as of 9:50 PM Pacific (12:50 ET),Neither company commented.Both Viacom and Dish warned that a blackout was a serious possibility. They’ve been operating under an extension of the contract that expired in January, while negotiating a new deal. But Viacom told Dish earlier this week it would not go beyond midnight tonight.The carriage fees for renting only Viacom channels would be astronmical the majority of viewers for Viacom...It's amazing how customer's always thinks it's us who drops the channels. Lol DISH wants to give...Viacom said it had “made every effort to negotiate a renewal.”Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen said earlier today that there is a “potential path” for a new agreement between the companies.But he added that Dish is “prepared to move on as Suddenlink and others have done.” The small cable distributor and Cable One say that their bottom lines improved after dropped Viacom.Dish has prepared content to replace Viacom channels, Ergen added.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I used the list in post #197 for my list. That is where I saw Funimation next to the Nickelodeon channel so I put it in my list since I didn't know what it was. Can you help me out with the five channels in my list that do not have the channel numbers? I went back and looked at a commercial in a VH1 channel that we recorded about the Viacom issue and took a pic of the 18 channels' logos.

Here's a full channel lineup card for Dish. It should have all of the channel numbers you need. https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=11336&inline=true

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have been given a direct verbal order from my Commander! After she saw the scrolling banner on VH1 this morning that we may lose 18 Viacom channels, she wants me to make a list of the exact stations with channel numbers. Can some one help me with the following list? Are these the 18 channels and the correct channel numbers. I need help with the missing channel numbers? Thanks to all who can help.

124 BET
Centric
166 CMT
107 Comedy Central
254 Logo
160 MTV
161 MTV2
MTV Live
Nick Jr.
170 Nickelodeon -- Toku (formerly Funimation Channel)
171 Nickelodeon West
178 Nicktoons
241 Spike
TeenNick
Tr3s
106 TV Land
162 VH1
163 VH1 Classic
You should ask her what she actually watches on those 18 channels. Or is she an avid viewer of Teen Nick and Nick Jr? Then you should ask her, of her preferred viewing habits, which would she cease to live without, such as...well you know...water and air?

Sorry buddy, my daughter pulled something simular yesterday, and when I explained that of the channels on the list the only thing affected was my ability to watch South Park, she changed her tune real quick.

People, like your "commander", my kids, and our buddy, Allen, treat TV like hoarders. We want it all, and when it gets filled with junk we don't use, we flip out should someone try to get rid of it.

I know, one man's trash is another's treasure.

You should ask her what she actually watches on those 18 channels. Or is she an avid viewer of Teen Nick and Nick Jr? Then you should ask her, of her preferred viewing habits, which would she cease to live without, such as...well you know...water and air?

Sorry buddy, my daughter pulled something simular yesterday, and when I explained that of the channels on the list the only thing affected was my ability to watch South Park, she changed her tune real quick.

People, like your "commander", my kids, and our buddy, Allen, treat TV like hoarders. We want it all, and when it gets filled with junk we don't use, we flip out should someone try to get rid of it.

I know, one man's trash is another's treasure.
HA HA, LOL, are you kidding me! I would rather comply with her wishes than ask. :eeek

Reactions: The Fat Man
It could just as well be Dish that "blinked". They probably really don't want to lose the channels but will definitely bluff that they will go without them. A few customers will cancel their service over this (most will huff and puff .... and do nothing), sure, but it's the publicity that Dish really wants to avoid.
In this case I just don't think so, not when other cable companies have dropped them. Personal viewing habits aside, they really are mostly extremely low watched channels. I think Viacom eyes are still blinking. :)

Reactions: osu1991 and bobvick
Our kids learned that whatever channels show up in the guide are the ones we get - they don't pay the bill so they have no say in it. If I change packages and they "lose" a channel, they can go outside and play, walk the dog, mow the grass. I'll come up with plenty of alternatives !

My wife, like myself, watch less and less TV. I contemplate more and more often about dropping Dish entirely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.