Countdown!

Sorry I didn't know what the countdown was, I usually think of a countdown as when something will happen. It sounds as if we'll never know when USA and SCIFI will be on DISH in HD.

Comcast is planning on adding USA-HD and SCIFI-HD to a lot of systems in Pennsylvania next month, without BRAVO-HD or CNBC-HD. So I'm not too sure they got the contracts ahead of any alleged requirement.

IF no Sci fi hd I will have to seriously rethink my subscription to DISH . THis is a must have channel for me and always has been since I first went with Primestar back in 95.

If you notice only DirecTV has USA HD, while a few small cable operators may carry USA HD most of the big companies do not, including COX and Comcast. I am hearing that these companies want to carry USA HD and SCIFI HD, the issue seems to be that NBC Universal wants companies to also pick up other channels such as Bravo HD and CNBC and also they are trying to get operators to pay for special Olympics coverage as well. The issue with the Olympics is the want these companies to pay to show the Olympics and extras when all of the Oylmpics will be LIVE and available ON DEMAND from the NBCOlympics.COM website this year for FREE. These are the sticking points that I have been told by friends in the industry (both satellite and cable tv)

I was going to jump on Dish for not adding USA HD and SCIFI HD by Monday but now I am leaning against it. If all providers but Dish had these channels I would say it would be worth jumping all over Dish, however with no major players carrying the channel shows me that the issue is not with Dish Network, but quite possible the program provider themselves.

If this was true about Dish can only Carry Sci fi HD and USA HD if they cary Bravo HD and CNBCHD, you would think they could negotiate with them that they can carry USAHD and SCIFIHD for now and due to Satellite limitations agree to add Bravo HD and CNBC HD when the new SATs are up and running.

While I don't expect USA HD to be turned on Monday, I am told by my (unofficial) contacts that if a deal is done the channels can be turned on in a matter of minutes.

Let's cross our fingers. :D

My comcast is giving all these channels to me free with a qam tuner

ABC HD
CBS HD
FOX HD
Versus/Golf HD Sports
ESPN HD High-Definition TV
ESPN2 - HD High-Definition TV
A & E - HD High-Definition TV
TBS - HD High-Definition TV
TNT HD High-Definition TV
USA - HD High-Definition TV
Universal HD High-Definition TV
MOJO - HD High-Definition TV
MHD High-Definition TV
HGTV - HD High-Definition TV
Discovery - HD High-Definition TV
DISCOVERY THEATER - HD High-Definition TV
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC - HD High-Definition TV
HISTORY - HD High-Definition TV
KCET HD - HD High-Definition TV
FOOD HD - HD High-Definition TV

sometimes the signal strength is low though, but most come in really clear

My comcast is giving all these channels to me free with a qam tuner

ABC HD
CBS HD
FOX HD
Versus/Golf HD Sports
ESPN HD High-Definition TV
ESPN2 - HD High-Definition TV
A & E - HD High-Definition TV
TBS - HD High-Definition TV
TNT HD High-Definition TV
USA - HD High-Definition TV
Universal HD High-Definition TV
MOJO - HD High-Definition TV
MHD High-Definition TV
HGTV - HD High-Definition TV
Discovery - HD High-Definition TV
DISCOVERY THEATER - HD High-Definition TV
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC - HD High-Definition TV
HISTORY - HD High-Definition TV
KCET HD - HD High-Definition TV
FOOD HD - HD High-Definition TV

sometimes the signal strength is low though, but most come in really clear

Wow, where do you live? Must be in the LA area somewhere since you get KCET. Everything but the broadcast channels are usually encrypted on most cable systems.

What is you zip code Capman?

You would think if he was in the LA area that he would be with Time Warner Cable and would also get these locals in HD since they are online:

KTLA HD (CW)
KOCE HD (PBS)
KCAL HD (Ind)

His list looks like LA standard with HD tier.
Time Warner Cable

Note that those Comcast SF and LA lists include USA-HD but not SciFi-HD...

... and I am pretty sure that the problem is what those cable company contacts described...

I wouldn't bet on it. Comcast in Pennsylvania is scheduled to get USA-HD and SCIFI-HD next month, but not BRAVO-HD or CNBC-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)