Couple 622 questions

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
Search seems very hard to use to me.

I did try searching about this and I talked to several dishnetwork phone techs and got different answers from each. They all did tell me the 622 will record 30 hours of HD or 200 hours of SD. It seems to me if I record 15 hours or half the HD hours I should have half of the SD recording hours left which would be approximately100 hours available. Is this correct?

The last tech I talked to, who at least gave me the answers I was hoping to hear, said the 622 will show how many hours are left available to record. Will it show how many hours are left or how many it has recorded already.

Also, I will be getting the L.A. HD locals. Will I also still receive the SD L.A. locals on the 622? And, I have the N.Y. distant nets (through waivers) as well. Having both the HD and SD L.A. locals won't affect the N.Y. distants at this time, will it?

When I clicked on submit for this post I got a screen on my computer that said the page did not load so I am submitting it again. Hope it does not duplicate the post.

gary s said:
Search seems very hard to use to me.

I did try searching about this and I talked to several dishnetwork phone techs and got different answers from each. They all did tell me the 622 will record 30 hours of HD or 200 hours of SD. It seems to me if I record 15 hours or half the HD hours I should have half of the SD recording hours left which would be approximately100 hours available. Is this correct?

Yes

The last tech I talked to, who at least gave me the answers I was hoping to hear, said the 622 will show how many hours are left available to record. Will it show how many hours are left or how many it has recorded already.

Yes, it will show how many hours left for HD and SD.

200 minutes SD/30minutes HD = 6.66 minutes

so if one hour of SD = ~6.6 minutes of HD then one hour of HD = ~9 hours of SD

for every hour or SD you record it will deduct ~7 minutes from your HD amount available.

For every hour of HD you record it will deduct ~9 hours from your SD amount available

Also, I will be getting the L.A. HD locals. Will I also still receive the SD L.A. locals on the 622? And, I have the N.Y. distant nets (through waivers) as well. Having both the HD and SD L.A. locals won't affect the N.Y. distants at this time, will it?

You will get the SD locals as well. No idea what it will do to your distants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)