Couple of 522 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsheley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
If I get a 522 can I just keep it in my basement and feed my two TVs from there? Each TV would be about a 30 foot run of Coax. I want to just run a coax from TV output one to a TV and a coax from TV output 2 to another TV.

My second part of the question is can both remotes on the 522 be UHF?

I want to do this because all of my Coax runs to a central spot in the basement, which is completely finished off, and I don't want to add any more holes in my house.

Thanks.

YES! If the installer has a 6.0 uhf/ir remote, you can make both UHF, just have to change the address. If you are doing it yourself, purchase one and the intructions come in the box. It is a pretty easy setup, might as well wire yourself a phone jack down there too

tsheley said:
My second part of the question is can both remotes on the 522 be UHF?
They CAN, but they both are NOT, by default. The 522 comes with one UHF and one IR standard. When I ordered my 522, I had them put that I wanted two UHF's, which they did. Your installer may not have a spare second UHF model in their truck, unless you specifically request one on the order.

or, if there is already one wire going to each room, the installer should be able to hook up the 522 without running any more wiring as long as he uses DishProPlus equipment with diplexers... and also if there is a phone jack in one of the rooms...

UHF remotes are great if you can keep the 522 cool...but if it gets too warm the uhf remotes stop working(on mine and others that I have talked to on threads)...I have a small fan that i turn on every once and a while that cools off the box and the remotes work great.

Something you should know if you plan on using coax cable is only the TV2 RF output is stereo. The TV1 RF output is mono sound.

maximum said:
Something you should know if you plan on using coax cable is only the TV2 RF output is stereo. The TV1 RF output is mono sound.
Really? I thought they were both mono. I have not tested this.

Also, on the UHF remote issue, I am told the remotes can be opened up and switcheroo'd from IR to UHF and/or back again.

See this thread: satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=41736 Sorry, I am not yet a trusted enough member to post links, so you'll have to copy and paste. :rolleyes: Forgive my newbieness.

blabber :)

Try using:
Code:
open-square-bracket thread=41736]some text[/thread]
Sorry about the obscurity, but I can't remember what the escape character is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)