couple of questions about hd receivers and dishes

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
II am on the road to upgrading to hd. Since a 722k can not be guaranteed I wanted to know if you could change out the ota tuner on 622/722 for the two tuner module. The extra tuner would be nice for the fall so I don't hve to fight the gf for tuner space.
Does the 612 require one incoming coax from the dish or two. I have a run to the back corner of my home where my office is and my 501 sits. It's not easy to get there and I have no attic to make a run across. My Superdish is on the opposite side of the mobile home from the office. My property is not level and there is plenty of room to move around the dish location but it narrows so much that i can't even fit under the opposite end.

1) You cannot swap out the 622/722 OTA tuner; it's built in, not a "module" like the 722k.

2) The 612 will work with a single coax if you've got the right switch (don't remember the details; my 612 runs via a single coax).

The "right switch" would be a DishPro Plus switch or LNB/switch assembly.

Your chances are significantly better in getting a 722k if you go through a local retailer. Why not just call whoever is closest and ask them if they can upgrade you to a 722k?

I called my local installer but he said that I would need to talk to my original installer. I have no idea who that was, way back in the early 90's. I got dish because they offered locals with a upn station so I could watch ST;Voyager. Can you ask Dish to use a certain installer?

If you order a 722 with an MT2 tuner you're gonna get a 722K. There is no reason for the module without it.

Not really. But Dish should be able to tell you who your original installer was. Mine is no longer in business.

Why not just call Claude at DishStore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)