couple of questions

wireless200

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
Does the DVR need a phone line to update programming or is it done OTA?

I'll probably get a 625 receiver. Since it's RF and I don't suppose it all take sinfrared then my programmable remote won't work right?

-Dave

A 625 needs a phone line in order to avoid a $5 no phone line fee. If you're willing to pay that fee, you don't need a phone line. The programming guides and programming subscriptions come from E* through the satellites. You can use an IR remote with the 625.

What is the E* I keep seeing in posts? I assume it's some link that they edit out.

Where is the best place to buy dish? Directly from dish or one of the links above? I've tried some of the links but they don't let me customize the way I want. For example I need some an Chinese international package but all they show is latino.

What's the point of getting a dual-tuner receiver? Why pay the $20 extra? Does an extra receiver really bother anybody?

If you want two rooms with TV in them, getting a dual tuner receiver is also cheaper than getting two receivers.

kavula said:
If you want two rooms with TV in them, getting a dual tuner receiver is also cheaper than getting two receivers.

Well, in a way yes. If you go on the dish homepage and sign up for two rooms, it costs $20 extra to get the 625 and $0 extra for two receivers (the 510 and 322). However they charge you $5 month for the extra receiver that I guess they don't charge for the 625 dual tuner one. The 322 has two-tuners so in a way you get three tuners in that package but it cost $5 extra a month.

So I guess $5 a month is a good enough reason to get the 625.

So the 625 has both RF and Infrared capabilities?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)