Couple of ?'s newbie here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

versaron

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
pennsylvania
I'm finally upgrading my standard TiVo receiver to the HD dvr receiver package. Will I see a notable difference in the picture than what I'm getting on my HDTV Now? Cause I have a very sharp pic.
On HD broadcasting stations like fox for instance...., I see a big difference in picture quality on 480p than an STD station. Why is that if I have a STD Tivo non HD receiver the HD channels show clearer? When I hook up my HD system with whatever leased HD dvr receiver I'm getting. Will the HD stations bethat much clearer?
Just wondering if it's gonna be worth the money. Is it?

Is there a way to get local stations from not in your area? I'm in pa and want ny locals. Any suggestions? I have a summerhome with a zip that could get them in ny but I want itset up in pa. Wish you can pick what locals u want.

Thanks alot guys in advance....

If you had a DTV receiver and a HD DVR receiver playing a HD station on a DTV LCD 42". Could you tell the difference? How about on a non HD station?
Thanks

The HD will be noticeably improved. Your SD shouldn't change from what you currently see now with the HDTV connected to a SD receiver. You're most likely seeing a difference in recordings on your SD receiver. We're all digital now on broadcasts but the original recording's format will still impact PQ even on a HD channel.

A feature I like is the Native and original format options under the main setup menu/HDTV options. I select all the resolutions that my set is capable of displaying and enable those features. It does increase the channel change time but it keeps me from playing with it after each channel change.

IDK about getting NY locals at your home address but since you have a NY address there may be a way but I'll defer to others on that subject. "Are you setup with Directv there?", may be the question they would ask to advise you on it (maybe).

Have you already ordered? You may find it's actually a better deal to upgrade to Whole Home DVR with Internet Connection Kit (WHD with ICK for short). It will include the HD h/w but I wouldn't know what you may be eligible for; ask if you're eligible for a free HD-DVR upgrade (seems to be a parity among subs upgrading to WHD). Then compare the upgrade costs for both. BTW, the WHD is aka MRV: Multi-room viewing which allows the recording of a DVR to be viewed on a any compatible Directv HD receiver or DVR in the network. The fee for MRV is $3/month.

Have you already ordered? You may find it's actually a better deal to upgrade to Whole Home DVR with Internet Connection Kit (WHD with ICK for short). It will include the HD h/w but I wouldn't know what you may be eligible for; ask if you're eligible for a free HD-DVR upgrade (seems to be a parity among subs upgrading to WHD). Then compare the upgrade costs for both. BTW, the WHD is aka MRV: Multi-room viewing which allows the recording of a DVR to be viewed on a any compatible Directv HD receiver or DVR in the network. The fee for MRV is $3/month.

Get the Whole Home DVR setup.....Also your picture quality is going to be awesome compared to what you are used to with SD..

Yeah I'm getting the HD DVR setup with free for life HD. Thanks alot.
Is it true there discontinuing HD DVD players going with blue Ray?

I kept up with the hd vs blu ray players in the past but haven't read up on them in a while. I don't know if they are discontinuing hd-dvd but the majority of the main movie companies ended up choosing blu ray so there won't be many, if any, new releases for hd-dvd.

Of course this could be really outdated info but it seemed like a done deal at the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)