Couple questions about new service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

burner98

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
CA
Hi,

I was hoping for some advice on some things. Thanks in advance.

1) What is the likelihood DirecTV will honor their promise that the Black Friday deal can be combined with the Referral deal? I can't get it in writing, so I'm skeptical given some of the stories I've read on here.

2) I live in an apartment and will need the installer to use a tripod. I think I saw that it costs $75? Will the installer bring it? Also, the online deal right now shows free professional installation, will that cover a tripod install or am I looking at additional charges?

3) Can I downgrade/exchange a HD DVR for a HD receiver during my contract at any time with no charge?

Appreciate the help.:up

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice on some things. Thanks in advance.

1) What is the likelihood DirecTV will honor their promise that the Black Friday deal can be combined with the Referral deal? I can't get it in writing, so I'm skeptical given some of the stories I've read on here.

2) I live in an apartment and will need the installer to use a tripod. I think I saw that it costs $75? Will the installer bring it? Also, the online deal right now shows free professional installation, will that cover a tripod install or am I looking at additional charges?

3) Can I downgrade/exchange a HD DVR for a HD receiver during my contract at any time with no charge?

Appreciate the help.:up

1. I have no idea how the combo deals work.

2. If he has a tripod on the truck, and I doubt it unless he knows ahead of time, it will cost extra.

3. If the box isn't defective, exchanging it will extend your commitment to two years from that point. If that is your only dvr,
I don't think you will want to replace it with an hd receiver. I never had a dvr until I got one a couple of years ago. You would
have to pull it from my cold, dead fingers to get it away from me! If you are getting two dvrs, the monthly cost will be the same
with one dvr and one receiver as it is with two dvrs, so having only one won't save you any money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)