Court Orders Dish to Drop ALL Distant Networks

Greg Bimson said:
There are two issues: 1) DirecTV is giving Central Time customers Eastern Time locals (which could be a no-no) .
n0qcu said:
WRONG....There is not a seperate Central time feed of any network programing.
the actual time zones are:

Eastern/Central - They are the same...
Mountain
Pacific
However, the law states that a customer in one time zone may not receive programming from an earlier time zone. Technically, that means Central Time Zone subscribers could not receive programming from the Eastern Time Zone, but it is probably open to interpretation.
MikeD-CO5 said:
Yesterday I finally got approved for my Cbs Waiver that I have been asking for for 6 years. I can get all my networks from anywhere now that Dish has them : New York, L.A. Chicago, Dallas, Denver. Funny for a company that was told to take down the distant networks they sure seem to still be adding distant networks.
Dish Network hasn't been told to take down distant networks, yet.

Dish Network has asked for a ruling from the appeals court en banc, requesting that all appeals court jurists in the Circuit Court hear the appeal, instead of just the three that handed down the ruling. The ruling directed the District Court to issue the injunction, and the case hasn't made it onto the docket of the District Court, yet.

So, for now, it is still business as usual.

Last edited:
Probably because it has been discussed to death and deserves it's place in history. Let a new thread start when there's something to talk about. I'd even be in favor of locking this one so that it can fade away...quickly!!!

PMmikew said:
Probably because it has been discussed to death and deserves it's place in history. Let a new thread start when there's something to talk about. I'd even be in favor of locking this one so that it can fade away...quickly!!!

120inna55 said:
I second that motion.

You both actually went out of your way to enter this thread and post those kind remarks. Smart. Now don't you have a horse to ride or something.

Greg Bimson said:
<snip>.......Dish Network hasn't been told to take down distant networks, yet.

Dish Network has asked for a ruling from the appeals court en banc, requesting that all appeals court jurists in the Circuit Court hear the appeal, instead of just the three that handed down the ruling. The ruling directed the District Court to issue the injunction, and the case hasn't made it onto the docket of the District Court, yet.

So, for now, it is still business as usual.

Any thoughts as to how long we're talking?

If by that time "E" gets the rest of the Locals up (SD and / or HD), it would basically be moot anyway.

waltinvt said:
You both actually went out of your way to enter this thread and post those kind remarks. Smart. Now don't you have a horse to ride or something.

Now wait a minute, Walt. My intent was not to flame. I've been following this thread from the beginning and truly appreciate everyone's input. It just seems that the content has started to repeat itself (as threads of this nature tend to do).

You may then wonder why I don't just simply unsubscribe from the thread. Quite simply because I value this board and its ability to provide the latest information. In this case said information should be regarding Court Orders Dish to Drop ALL Distant Networks.

It seems to have been debated fully as to the "how and why", but now I expect most of us are simply interested in the "when". It's quite clear that no one at this point has a clear idea as to "when".

Some may not have the patience to wade through all the previous posts or to remain subscribed to an essentially dead thread, checking back daily only to find the same old rehashed arguments with no new information.

However, I do understand the need to keep things organized, and to perhaps prevent scattered junk posts on the same subject, continuing the thread may be the best way of doing it.

Ultimately that's all for the mods to decide. It may be useful for them, though, to see the posters actually giving their opinions on the matter.

Again, my intent was never to insult anyone. Quite to the contrary, I value the previous intelligent posts (yours not withstanding), hence the reason I remain "tuned in".

I apologize if my remark seemed to devalue any of this thread's content. That was absolutely never my intent.

Last edited:
120inna55 said:
Now wait a minute, Walt. My intent was not to flame. I've been following this thread from the beginning and truly appreciate everyone's input. It just seems that the content has started to repeat itself (as threads of this nature tend to do).

You may then wonder why I don't just simply unsubscribe from the thread. Quite simply because I value this board and its ability to provide the latest information. In this case said information should be regarding Court Orders Dish to Drop ALL Distant Networks.

It seems to have been debated fully as to the "how and why", but now I expect most of us are simply interested in the "when". It's quite clear that no one at this point has a clear idea as to "when".

Some may not have the patience to wade through all the previous posts or to remain subscribed to an essentially dead thread, checking back daily only to find the same old rehashed arguments with no new information.

However, I do understand the need to keep things organized, and to perhaps prevent scattered junk posts on the same subject, continuing the thread may be the best way of doing it.

Ultimately that's all for the mods to decide. It may be useful for them, though, to see the posters actually giving their opinions on the matter.

Again, my intent was never to insult anyone. Quite to the contrary, I value the previous intelligent posts (yours not withstanding), hence the reason I remain "tuned in".

I apologize if my remark seemed to devalue any of this thread's content. That was absolutely never my intent.
Matt, now be truthful - did you intend to flame, insult or devalue?:D

Just kidding. I know you didn't and upon review, I realize my remarks "sounded" a bit harsher than I intended. sorry.gif

I tend to be a little "protective" of threads that have anything to do with the networks; mainly because, like many others, without satellite, we wouldn't get them. So this issue of Dish possibly loosing them is of major importance to me / us.

Plus (and this is just my personal opinion), if Greg Bimson is still posting to a thread, it's definitly still got value.
Yak.gif

120inna55 said:
But I did give new information. Dish Network is trying to get the full panel of jurists at the Appeals Court (the 11th Circuit Court) to rehear the appeal. Dish Network filed the motion earlier this week. So, as I said, the engine still has steam in it.

BigFella said:
Resolve? Of course not... I'm having a great time reading the back and forth "speculation" in a subject that I and a bunch of others (over 23,000 views) are keenly interested in. After all, the only people that can actually resolve this issue wear black robes and probably don't frequent this board (although, I wish they did). :D
But, but, but, after 32 pages, this thread has become very boring. (and a waste of time, bandwidth, and pixels.;)

Greg Bimson said:
But I did give new information. Dish Network is trying to get the full panel of jurists at the Appeals Court (the 11th Circuit Court) to rehear the appeal. Dish Network filed the motion earlier this week. So, as I said, the engine still has steam in it.

Touche.

I recant my previous statement. Sticky, please.:D

mikew said:

Looking at what topics the mods have decided to make a sticky and continue to be a sticky blows big holes on that argument. The "Dish Network Threads, Packages, Fees, Locals, & Satellite Info" sticky hasn't had a new post since March 20th. And the "Lots of News from Team Summit" certainly has been hashed to death a thousand times already. It's apparent that this current topic is not important to the mods here. I imagine they all get their locals and will not be affected by the distants cutoff. But I'm here to tell anyone that cares that this issue is VERY important to many subscribers who live in white areas and whom will be SOL when the switch is turned. It's just too bad the powers to be here can't give a damn about the rest of us.

Stickys are not for most popular threads, they are for threads containing basic info that every one should reference from time to time, regardless if any new postings come.

affox14 said:
So if I have waivers the ruling does not affect my Distant Networks?
Your question has been asked several different times and ways in the 9 pages of this thread.

The answer is still the same!
If Dish has to shutdown the distant networks they will be gone for EVERYONE no exceptions.

Last edited:
Chris,

I am new to this forum , and am having trouble sending replies. Anyway, I have waivers, so my DNS should be safe, correct?

I just do not understand certain things. If a person wants to watch a Distant Network feed, he should have that right. When it comes to TV Broadcasting, you would think we live in Red China.

affox14 said:
Chris,

I am new to this forum , and am having trouble sending replies. Anyway, I have waivers, so my DNS should be safe, correct?

Welcome, affox14!

If I understand it correctly, the current proposal (for lack of a better, more "legal" term), will render waivers useless. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I mainly just wanted to welcome you. The members of this community have always been immensely helpful to me.

Dish/Voom vs Direct TV vs Comcast

Bronze Package w/Multisport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)