Cowboys vs. Vikings nfc divisional playoff from 75 to air tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Just wanted to pass this along. I was watching the NFL's Top 10 and they ran a commercial that said that they are going to show the 1975 nfc divisional playoff game between the cowboys and the vikings-tonight at 8 pm. This was the game they were going to show on Monday but they are going to show it. Now the nflnetwork lists preseason scrimmage at 8 pm but I did see the commercial. Just wanted to pass this info. along for anyone who cares.

I think so. I think it's called the Hail Mary game. They advertised it for tonight, Wednesday, at 8 pm but I have a feeling they might pre emept it for some reason. I wonder why they would pre-emept it cough, Favre, cough.

I think so. I think it's called the Hail Mary game. They advertised it for tonight, Wednesday, at 8 pm but I have a feeling they might pre emept it for some reason. I wonder why they would pre-emept it cough, Favre, cough.

Did they show it? I would love to see that game again.

Boo hoo... rules were different back then. Recievers and backs actually touched each other.

I agree. That's why I attached a "wink" smile to the post before yours vurbano. The way the rules were written and enforced at the time, I didn't actually think Pearson committed pass interference. In 2008, Pearson would have been flagged. In 1975, ain't gonna happen . . . . . especially when you wear a star on your helment.

I agree. That's why I attached a "wink" smile to the post before yours vurbano. The way the rules were written and enforced at the time, I didn't actually think Pearson committed pass interference. In 2008, Pearson would have been flagged. In 1975, ain't gonna happen . . . . . especially when you wear a star on your helment.
I think the rule really went into effect or was enforced actually after Micheal Irvin was so effective with the push off. Another Cowboy BTW.

Whats next with these guys a thread crying about Deacon Jones and Conrad Dobler?

Last edited:
The Dallas Cowboys were a wildcard team in 1975 and had come off a 8-6 season in 1974. 1975 was the year the Cowboys drafted Randy White and Thomas Henderson. If nfl network is showing the CBS Broadcast, I think Gary Bender and Johnny Unitas called the telecast for CBS.

The Dallas Cowboys were a wildcard team in 1975 and had come off a 8-6 season in 1974. 1975 was the year the Cowboys drafted Randy White and Thomas Henderson. If nfl network is showing the CBS Broadcast, I think Gary Bender and Johnny Unitas called the telecast for CBS.

Bender and Unitas did call that game for CBS. Frank Glieber, who was a CBS announcer, called the game on radio. It is often Glieber's play-by-play you hear when you see the Staubach-Pearson Hail Mary.

yeah, I just posted something about that. Unreal. I mean, no wonder why people like Favre. Everyone treats him like God. I mean some people like Favre to like Favre but others I think are swayed by the media.

Any update if this game will re-air during the weekend, even in the wee hours? I meant to schedule to record it but just forgot.

I don't think it's going to air at all. They are showing pre season games all weekend and overnight so I don't think it's going to happen.

I just went on the nfl.com website and found something About NFL Network - Shows. If you look it says that there will be classic games Fri. at 9 pm from the regular season to the spring. I guess that's when the playoff game will air, although I'm not sure.

They are going to be showing the game tonight at 9 pm on NFL Network, with a replay on Saturday morning at 1:30 and at 2 pm tomorrow afternoon.

Well, they showed it Friday night. However, they ran the NFL Network crawl at the bottom of the screen and they cut out the bumpers with the graphics and music from the original broadcast.

Pitiful. NFL Network can't even run their own old games right.

I'm keeping my old copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)