Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox. A package for $19.99 including HBO GO.

Not bad.
cox.png

This is essentially what TWC started to offer last year (and I subbed to). It is a great value if you already have the internet. Essentially they are discounting the internet as part of a bundle.

I never had TWC offer that to me. I think I'd jump on it.

They did offer me a cable box with locals and HBO and shopping channels for $10 a month for 1 year (bundlied with existing internet), but it was going to jump to $40/mo after the year was up. I almost went for it anyway, but they weirded out when I wanted a cablecard for my TIVO.

May check into this for our Las Vegas condo. OTA reception is hit and miss and I have to spend several months there pretty soon for work. Otherwise I'll just continue to use slingbox and wdtv.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They did offer me a cable box with locals and HBO and shopping channels for $10 a month for 1 year (bundlied with existing internet), but it was going to jump to $40/mo after the year was up. I almost went for it anyway, but they weirded out when I wanted a cablecard for my TIVO.

My offer was 24.95 (for 12 months) HBO with $3/month for SHO. I use cable card

I use cablecard without issue with TWC.

I've used a cable card with a TIVO on TWC in the past. I wouldn't say "without issue" though. I did a long writeup 3 years ago in the TWC forum.

No, the issue was this. I told the rep that I wanted a cable card for my TIVO and she said OK. The installer came out but didn't bring a cable card. I told him I needed the card. He called in and they told me I would need to accept the cable box and not use the TIVO. I said I understood there was a charge for the cable card, but they flatly stated that the cable card was not part of the offer and I would have to pay full price. So I cancelled the order as I was on the fence anyway. I suppose I could have fought it, but I am tired of fighting these guys and it didn't seem worth it to me.

You could have set up the TiVo as a second receiver. I too have a TWC cable box, unplugged, sitting unused because the deal included it for some reason (they gave a bigger discount that more than covered the monthly box fee). As soon as the year is up and they no longer include the box rental in the special, it will go back to them.

What we need is HBO Go as a stand alone product. They should be allowed to offer it without the cable company getting involved.