COX Upgrades Internet Speeds in Connecticut

Yes, the max you will get out of that modem (while rated to 171 Mbps) is somewhere around 60 Mbps. You would only see higher if your line was perfect and you were 10 feet away from the node.

The 8 paired channels work better together and allow more speed. Plus the other 4 channels are not as crowded as the first 4 so you shouldn't see slowdowns at night. :D

Just an FYI distance to the Node means absolutely nothing (In terms of your speed) in the world of cable. It is not like DSL where you have an issue with distance.

Got my bill and no surprise ... Cox raised my rates. I only have Cox internet (Premium) and have always paid $65. Today it's $71. I even asked a Cox Representative (in person) if the rates would go up because the internet speed was increasing and she called two people and said, "No. Your rate will be the same." LIARS!!!

I saw a notice on my last bill saying it was going up this month. I have another week till it is generated. If it is higher Cox will be getting a call because I should have around 11 months or so left on a price freeze I agreed to when I dropped phone service and switched my alarm system to internet monitoring.

Got my bill and no surprise ... Cox raised my rates. I only have Cox internet (Premium) and have always paid $65. Today it's $71. I even asked a Cox Representative (in person) if the rates would go up because the internet speed was increasing and she called two people and said, "No. Your rate will be the same." LIARS!!!
"OOOOOOO...Klahoma! Where the Cox guys live up to their name!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)