Cozi TV and the Media General replacement for LWN saga.

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Hey apologize for bringing this up again but it would almost be too easy not to add Cozi to the LWN affiliate that were left in the dark like KLFY and WLNS. We both have Antenna and Me. 10 days before LWN cut out MG signed a deal with Cozi for 4 of its station so it would seem obvious just go right in and add the rest of us. WKRN is a shoo in for MeTV and WBAY may still launch Decades. I just hope i am right because i know alot of us in Lafayette Louisiana and Lansing Michigan and the other blacked out affiliate would love to have Cozi if they dont have it already. Look at the events fromMay 19 to now.

WLNS currently has a blank screen where LWN was. They have not removed the sub channel. So far there is no information on or if they will add a sub channel at this time.

There are a couple more that are blank. Its like we are losing our mind. A friend told me that Cozi launches on both our stations either Monday or July 1. When I asked him who said that, no response. All we do now is sit and wait.

Iceburg might need your expertise. This might sound like a out in left field one but when I downloaded a KLFY app on my tablet it has lin corporation on it so i went and searched all the Media stations that lost livewell and they all have the same thing. Researched further and when Media General bought LIN some deal was made that lin would take over the digtal part amd its on the MG main page on their website. May 19 Media agreed with Cozi on 4 former lin stations. I already know the diginets that WLNS and KLFY markets have. I will bet that the others have at least Me, This, Antenna, or Bounce. As for the rest of the diginets most have agreements with other broadcasters. Scripps with Laff, Grit and Escape with Sinclair, Decades, Buzzr, Movies with a joint venture with the o and o stations, also Gannett with Justice. At least 1 MG with LWN went with a diginet and WKRN went with Me. With all this its almost clear that Cozi is the shoo in for the LWN replacement. I know its not a garauntee but no one is talking but a friend who cant garauntee his sourced but from all this the pieces fall into place. FYI yes i am 10 percent losing my mind over it

my theory is this....unless you see it on your TV dont assume anything. Here are examples of that theory

-my FOX is O&O (KMSP). Yet we don't have Buzzr yet. Didnt get it at launch even though the Buzzr site said we would. Not coming til September. Assume it has to do with the contract with Bounce. The other FOX O&O that had Bounce went to Univision O&O. Minneapolis Univision is not O&O so can't move there.
-When Sinclair signed a deal with "GetTV" the press release sounded like it was all Sinclair markets. But it wasn't (some Sinclair stations are in short markets...as in not full network markets....so they "didnt have room). Yet when they added "Grit" it was on almost all markets...even in markets where Sinclair runs 2 HD signals on a station.

localclassictvfan try and keep your thoughts about the same subject all in the same thread.
You are more than welcome to start different threads, if the subject differs enough.
You will get the best help and better discussions this way, as others will be able to keep up with the topic.
With the same thing spread across multiple threads and the same OP, people tend to move on and not even read.

Note: If more than say 6 months has passed you are more than welcome to start a new thread on the same subject.
......but a few days apart, gets confusing. ;)

Reactions: Mr Tony and osu1991
I did a lil research and every market that lost livewell has at least metv and antenna tv. Here is the breakdown and i will put the former livewell first

Richmond Virginia
WRIC ABC 8.2 (blank)
WRLH this tv, WUPV Bounce, Grit
WWBT MeTV, Escape

Albany NY
WTEN ABC 10.3
WRBG 6.2 ThisTV, WYNT 13.2 MeTV, WYNA 51.2 Antenna, WCWN 45.2 Grit

The WBAY market is launching decades according to rabbitears.info

Knoxville Tenn.
WATE 6.2 ABC
WBXX 20.2 Escape, WBIR 10.2 MeTV MeTV, 10.3 Justice, WTNZ 43.2/43.3 Bounce/Grit

Lansing Michigan
WLNS CBS 6.2
WILX 10.3 Antenna, WYSM MeTV 47.2 and Bounce 47.3

Lafayette Louisiana
10.2 KLFY CBS
KXKW 32.1 ThisTV, KLWB 50.1 MeTV, 50.2 Heroes &Icons (through KDCG-CD 22.1 H&I),50.3 AntennaTV.

When you look at all the diginets in these markets it would be hard not to sign with cozi. It would be a waste to agree with a different diginet for each market. I know nothing is not cecertain, but I am almost certain Cozi is the pic, just my opinion.

LWN on our local Media General station was replaced with..........NOTHING.

Not even a blank screen, No more sub-channel at all. Listing removed from TitanTV.

GONE!

Not even a blank screen, No more sub-channel at all. Listing removed from TitanTV.
The lady told me there would be a brief gap from Livewell Shutdown to the new replacement. Another individual said it could take some time due to the fact that some replacements will be different from others. WKRN and WBAY have replacements. I'd like to see two diginets on the stations that livewell was on the .2

GONE!

GONE!
Another thing most stations that carried livewell went ahead and agreed on another diginet when the announcement in January was made. Media General was aware but when the April 15 shutdown came they continued to air the broadcast. They didnt start negotiating till somtime a month later. Now we sit and wait. I am sure by Mid July we'll get something

20150622_094339.jpg

I live in Nashville and we've been waiting since January for WKRN to replace Live Well on 2.3 with Me-TV. (Me-TV, along with Decades and Movies!, is carried on a very low-power UHF station that few people can get -- I live in the city and can get it but with a handful of brief disruptions per hour.) But I'm skeptical that Media General is going to add Me-TV on 2.3. If they were going to, why didn't they do so when they took down Live Well a few weeks ago? They just replaced it with a stretched widescreen version of their Nashville Weather Channel, which also airs on 2.2. Locals who have contacted WKRN report that the station doesn't know what the hold up is, they're just waiting on MG to make a decision. Same goes for WBAY -- that station had gone as far as to publicly announce that Decades would be replacing Live Well but that statement now appears to be retracted. Who knows what MG is going to do with those two stations or any of the former Young stations? I tend to think they are talking to different diginets and will try to make a deal to replace Live Well with a single diginet (or as few as possible) across all of the stations that used to carry Live Well.

Looking across all of those markets, including Nashville and Green Bay, I don't think Buzzr is carried in any of them. I think there are three diginets owned or co-owned by Weigel that are only carried in a single market and on a low-power station at that: Decades (Nashville), Movies! (Nashville), and Heroes & Icons (Lafayette, LA). Weigel has already shown a willingness to jump ship from a low-power station to a high-power station in the same market with their (possibly aborted) deal to move Me-TV from 31.1 to 2.3 here in Nashville.

All that said, I could foresee MG announcing any of those four channels above as the replacement for Live Well across all 7 former Young stations. Then again, who knows? Maybe they'll extend their relationship with Cozi and put it on all of those stations except Nashville (where it just debuted on 4.3) and move ahead with the plan to put Me-TV on WKRN 2.3.

Thanks for the response. I am banking on cozi too for the 5 of us that dont have a replacement. We'll see Media General pretty much knows who has what but all in due time it will all come out right...